Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emjaybee

That sucks my friend. On the up side, he hadn't been suffering a long term illness, disease or injury. He had a meal and passed on swiftly. It is a rare thing for any animal to pass away naturally and quickly, if only we could all go that way.

My condolences to you and your missus.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Newportnobby

As a cat lover and owner myself, you and Louisa have my deepest sympathies, David :(

steve836

I'm not a cat person but I can understand and sympathise with your loss. Best wishes and condolences to you and yours.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Bealman

I've never been a huge pet person, but I did have a budgie which was 12 (apparently a long time for a bird) when it carked it just before Christmas.

He would tweet and generally go bananas when you'd come back after being out, and I must admit I miss that.

He had no name, but could talk and say " Georgie's a pretty boy"

Wonder how that happened?  :D

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on January 21, 2020, 09:55:54 AM
I did have a budgie which was 12
He had no name, but could talk and say " Georgie's a pretty boy"

Did you ever get the poor budgie's cataracts done, George? :P

Bealman

No, but he was blue, and now bereft of life like another certain blue bird. Beautiful plumage, too :P
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

stevewalker

Quote from: dannyboy on January 21, 2020, 08:43:58 AM
I was woken up this morning by Louisa asking me to get up as she thought one of the cats had had a fit of some sort.  I got up and apparently the cat had his breakfast, then jumped up onto my chair, promptly fell off and, as Louisa described, "started twitching". When I went into the lounge, there he was, dead.

I feel for you both.

We have our fingers crossed today - our 6 month old ginger male is at the vets for castration. We know it is very low risk, but have memories of 9 or 10 years ago, when we put two 6 month old females in for neutering and one died under the anaesthetic before they even started to operate on her.

dannyboy

Thank you to all who have replied to my post above, by message and the 'Sad' icon - it is nice to know that people do care.  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Train Waiting

Just seen this, David.

That's a terrible thing; I'm really sorry.

I understand fully what you mean by a cat talking to you.  Poppy is very much a conversationalist and isn't pleased if I don't answer when she speaks to me.

With all best wishes.

John and Poppy
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Calnefoxile

Quote from: Calnefoxile on January 03, 2020, 02:33:04 PM

I was supposed to be having an Arthroscopy on my right knee today, but thanks to my lovely Wife giving me her sodding cold the anaesthiatist has said that she recommends me to not have the Operation today but to postpone it until 20th January,

Cheers

Neal.

A quick update:

Had my OP on Monday and am now at home recovering,  although I seem to have grown a couple of eyes on my knee  :D :D :D

Did find a bell app for my phone, but everytime I pressed it the response I got from SWMBO was not the one I expected  :o :o :o who thought that such filth could come out of her, you'd have thought with being a Nurse I'd have more sympathy than, "Get it yourself you lazy %^&*, you need to walk on it"

Anyway after a couple of days of hobbling from the bed to the chair I'm now starting to get a bit more mobile and can make it to the Train Room, so I've now got about 5 weeks before I'm back to work and I'll try and crack on with some modelling.

I'm sure I'll keep you all updated on my progress with stuff, I've lots to do:

Add Stone Lods to my Yeoman & Redland PCA's
Add Coal loads to half of my HAA's
Some NGS Van kits to build
Look at converting some older Farish/Peco wagons to NEM pockets

Think that's the lot, but there's bound to be some more stuff I find as I go along.

Cheers

Neal.

dannyboy

Glad things went well Neal. As for the next five weeks - make the most of them. And as for SWMBO - you would think you would get more sympathy from a health professional.  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Malc

Quote from: dannyboy on January 23, 2020, 11:46:41 AM
Glad things went well Neal. As for the next five weeks - make the most of them. And as for SWMBO - you would think you would get more sympathy from a health professional.  :)
To health professionals, you are just a piece of meat. I suppose they need to be that way to cope.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

steve836

They're not all the same. The surgeon who took me to bits and put me back together again was extremely sympathetic and couldn't do enough.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

stevewalker

My wife was a nurse. If I fall ill, she is very sympathetic and caring - for about 24 hours - after that, it is a case of "Enough, you can sort yourself out now."

guest311

Quote from: steve836 on January 23, 2020, 02:11:52 PM
They're not all the same. The surgeon who took me to bits and put me back together again was extremely sympathetic and couldn't do enough.

you sure he put all the bits back ....

and in the right order  :hmmm:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations