Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papyrus

I have a neighbour across the road who is a sort of professional handyman. He has a small trailer which he loads up with all the debris from his work, and as I passed it a couple of days ago while walking the dogs, I noticed some very useful lengths of batten. So I knocked on his door this morning and am now the lucky owner of probably enough 2x1 to make the baseboard frames of my new, grandson-friendly layout! He says to just help myself to anything useful, so I'm hoping for some gash plywood...  ;)

Saves him a trip to the tip, saves me some money, and saves the planet - wins all round. Upcycling rules!

Cheers,

Chris

guest311

shock - horror  :o what am I doing on the happy thread :hmmm:

well, I'm here to say I am happy that the guys I wargame with have taken the unanimous decision that this weekend's game should be changed.

it was intended to be a cold war game where the warpac forces stormed through the Fulda Gap to fight the defending NATO forces.

with the recent event's, and I am for once not going to make my views known at full volume, in Ukraine, I got a phone call thursday evening advising that we were changing the planned game for this weekend  to a winter of '79 game where my Free Welsh forces will now be facing the Emergency Government's forces trying to re-establish control of the principality.

after so many months of not being able to get together, we decided to still game this weekend, but to change the scenario.

and for that, I applaud all of my fellow members of our group.

whether I will feel that way on monday, when the eastern borders of Free Wales are littered with the hulks of my elite armoured units I am not so sure, but at least there will not be a red star on the table this weekend.

guest311

:jawdropping:

I just received my notification from DVLA that I need to renew my driving licence before my 76th birthday in May.

so why is that such a surprise ?

IT'S FREE  :o

filled in the form online, find I have to return my existing licence to them, but not the same address as the prepaid envelope included with the form  >:(

so not exactly free, cause RM will charge me an arm and a leg to send it back.

they ask me to certify my medical and eye conditions, why couldn't I just certify that I had destroyed / shredded my old licence ?

emjaybee

Day 5 of Covid infection isolation

Found more marmalade in cupboard...

...the world is my oyster!
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Newportnobby

Quote from: emjaybee on March 17, 2022, 11:22:01 AM

Don't tell me - you just followed the strains of "Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da" ;D

guest311

amazed this morning when a brown envelope dropped in the post box with my new licence in it !

that was fast  :thumbsup:

emjaybee

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 17, 2022, 12:05:16 PM
Quote from: emjaybee on March 17, 2022, 11:22:01 AM

Don't tell me - you just followed the strains of "Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da" ;D

You're an odd fellow...
Brookline build thread:

Newportnobby

Ah - a lovely sunny dry day. The bliss of the open road on my Kawasaki 650 Versys.
Sound of loud record scratching - hang on, what's this I'm chewing? Cripes - it's th'air!
The farmers have been muck spreading and the sun has baked it off to a consistency that's palpably chewable :sick2: (not nice being sick into a full face helmet :no:)
This might have been in the Unhappy Thread except, of course, the farmers do what they have to do to put food on our table.
The ride was great but a very bad atmosphere :poop:
It did make folks in cars smile as I waved my hand behind my own backside as I overtook them :D

emjaybee

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 27, 2022, 04:32:10 PM
Ah - a lovely sunny dry day. The bliss of the open road on my Kawasaki 650 Versys.
Sound of loud record scratching - hang on, what's this I'm chewing? Cripes - it's th'air!
The farmers have been muck spreading and the sun has baked it off to a consistency that's palpably chewable :sick2: (not nice being sick into a full face helmet :no:)
This might have been in the Unhappy Thread except, of course, the farmers do what they have to do to put food on our table.
The ride was great but a very bad atmosphere :poop:
It did make folks in cars smile as I waved my hand behind my own backside as I overtook them :D

Hmmm. I'd like to refer you to my previous post.

:worried:
Brookline build thread:

Bealman

Yeah, Mick certainty conjures up an interesting picture  :worried:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

The Q

I've been sailing in Blue Moon, the boat I built in 1996-1999,
Not everything went well, some more modifications are required, but these can be done as I go along..
Only the third time sailing her in all that time.

joe cassidy

I watched the Robert Redford movie "All is Lost" last night.

Be careful !

guest311

it has turned out to be a great day today !

the meadows are finally drying out so HB can be walked there without me and he being plastered in mud !

HB has also had a good groom today in the sunshine getting rid of even more of his winter coat !

and I have just had a call from Amazon  :hmmm:

normally it's the 'we will close your account if you do not pay £79 - to speak to an advisor press option 1' thing, as if I'm that stupid, I'm old mature but not senile  :veryangry:

but today's call was from a person  :D
' hello sir [obviously had no idea who he was speaking to] I'm Richard calling you from Amazon Prime, how are you today ?'

>:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

well, he did ask, so got told, both barrels, reload, both barrels at volume 237  >:D

for some reason he hung up, can't think why  :-[

so a REALLY good day so far  :smiley-laughing:

TrevL

How come the name change Alan?
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

emjaybee

Quote from: TrevL on April 06, 2022, 06:36:50 AM
How come the name change Alan?

I reckon he's trying to sneak up on us and catch us unawares!
Brookline build thread:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66