what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Some music from the great Trigger Happy TV including this one which has become an earworm for me lately...............

Bob Tidbury

The Roy Orbison and the Royal Philamonic Orchestra C Ds then the Buddy Holly one ,both Christmas presents one from Val and one from my son.
I had the first Roy Orbison one last year ,In my opinion they are really good and it's amazing how modern technology can blend their original voices with the Orchestra ,Roy's family are also playing and singing the backing .
Bob Tidbury

Newportnobby

I've just installed some old Pioneer surround sound speakers I found in the attic last week. They've been fitted above door height on quarter corner shelves with wiring tucked neatly into cable trunking from the hi-fi stack. Time to test things out and brass off the neighbours who've been a veritable  plague recently >:D
I chose my constant standby when I'm unsure of what to play so Genesis 'Seconds Out' is rocking the place. Deep joy, and what a difference in noisesound quality :)

PeteW

Saw this randomly referenced on the Internet earlier today - haven't thought about it for nearly 30 years; still got the vinyl somewhere in the loft!

"The sons of Pullman porters and the sons of engineers ride their fathers' magic carpet made of steel"

Newportnobby

@Pete W Great song with superb lyrics. I have it on a vinyl boxed set :thumbsup:

@crewearpley40 They are in their 80s but are the noisiest neighbours I've ever experienced ::) I suspect some deafness on their part contributes to a TV volume battle at times but at others I put rock music on at volume 11. One of them likes to use the vacuum cleaner at 06.30, one pees like a Co-op carthorse, their little dog yaps, they don't realise that turny items on doors/windows allows them to shut things quietly rather than slam them, and one likes making/smashing things indoors and in the workshop at all times of night or day.
Humble apologies - I've brought the Angry Thread in here but I do have to listen to the  :censored:

Bealman

I have to listen to two yappy dogs next door too, Mick. Luckily there's a creek on the other side of Chez Bealman.

As for turning doorknobs instead of slamming them, that's a skill Mrs Bealman has never mastered  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

tutenkhamunsleeping

Newportnobby

I still have 3 of their 45s......

Bad, bad boy
This flight tonight
Love Hurts

Dan McCafferty had a great 'rock' voice

Philip.

60 years ago today Buddy Holly died in a plane crash, thanks for the music Buddy

Tonye

Born Again by Black Sabbath featuring Ian Gillan on vocals, not a massive fan but this album is interesting.
Tony .H

talisman56

Jools Holland and Jose Feliciano, 'As You See Me Now'...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

PeteW

I wasn't there, but I was "there" thanks to TV...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QrWZNAQrkf4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ye gods, I love this song!!!

Malc

Reliving my youth today with some good old urban blues.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on February 06, 2019, 09:06:17 AM
Quote from: PeteW on February 06, 2019, 03:21:05 AM

Ye gods, I love this song!!!

Me too. Definitely one to turn up to Vol 11 :D

11 isn't high enough, it wouldn't drown out me singing along  :goggleeyes:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations