NGF Most Wanted Survey FAQs - please read - even if you have already voted

Started by Pengi, May 19, 2012, 12:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Quote from: moogle on May 29, 2012, 04:54:33 PM

As to members not voting just because you don't model UK outline:
This is a chance to improve the hobby for all, so why not vote?
Its as easy as a PM to Newportnobby!
I did even though my interest is mainly in Irish outline nowadays.

I don't see how this vote will improve the hobby for all. As we don't all model UK outline. I'm not voting because a) I have no vested interest in UK outline and b) I wouldn't know what to vote for, as I don't model it. If everyone just voted for the sake of voting that wouldn't reflect the true picture of what people want. You'd do just as well telling newportnobby to multiply the results by 50. After all Dapol/Farish aren't going to know how many actually voted are they?

Alex

Newportnobby

Quote from: Alex on May 29, 2012, 06:23:09 PM
You'd do just as well telling newportnobby to multiply the results by 50. After all Dapol/Farish aren't going to know how many actually voted are they?

Alex

Damn - who grassed me up :o :smiley-laughing:

Roy L S

Hi Newportnobby

Just curious (and I'm sure I'm not alone by a long way :), any indications on when we might see the survey results?

Cheers

Roy

Newportnobby

Quote from: Roy L S on June 09, 2012, 03:12:18 PM
Hi Newportnobby

Just curious (and I'm sure I'm not alone by a long way :), any indications on when we might see the survey results?

Cheers

Roy

Hi Roy,

I have now closed off the poll so cannot accept any further votes.
We will be publishing the full results latest end of June. Sorry to keep everyone in suspenders but I do, contrary to popular belief, have to work to feed my N gauge addiction.
Of course, if I have everything ready before then the announcement will be made earlier :thumbsup:

Roy L S

Hi Newportnobby.

Thank you for replying.

No worries about there being a wait I'm sure everyone undertands that you have other commitments (like work!) and that it will take time to collate the results.

Personally I am curious to find out what other people's wants look like, and if they are simlar to mine or very different. I am thinking that suggesting a Class 17 "Clayton" Diesel was probably the teeniest bit hopeful!! ;D

Cheers

Roy

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Roy L S on June 09, 2012, 03:46:12 PM

Hi Newportnobby.

Thank you for replying.

No worries about there being a wait I'm sure everyone undertands that you have other commitments (like work!) and that it will take time to collate the results.

Personally I am curious to find out what other people's wants look like, and if they are simlar to mine or very different. I am thinking that suggesting a Class 17 "Clayton" Diesel was probably the teeniest bit hopeful!! ;D

Cheers

Roy

Parkwood have a class 17 kit, but it's pretty hard to find the Japanese chassis for it. currently The end result is a nice runner though albeit one that due to lack of space has so far defeated any attempt at DCC conversion.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Roy L S

Quote from: EtchedPixels on June 09, 2012, 09:14:37 PM
Quote from: Roy L S on June 09, 2012, 03:46:12 PM

Hi Newportnobby.

Thank you for replying.

Cheers

Roy

Parkwood have a class 17 kit, but it's pretty hard to find the Japanese chassis for it. currently The end result is a nice runner though albeit one that due to lack of space has so far defeated any attempt at DCC conversion.

That's great news, thank you :) It;s amazing what I find I don't know about (or maybe have forgotten!) even after modelling in N for so long, and this is a classic example.

I will see if I can find some contact details for Parkwood, and if I can and they have the kit in stick, then worry about sourcing a chassis. mind you, it could always be a dummy - the things were always breaking down!

Cheers

Roy

EtchedPixels

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

bbdave

Shame i only just seen this but as i am not a knowledgeable chap as far as locos go i'd have no idea what vote for anyway.

Dave

Roy L S

Quote from: EtchedPixels on June 09, 2012, 10:42:00 PM

Very nice :)

I will definitely get onto Parkwoods  now  to see if he still stocks the the kit and can sell me one.

Many thanks for letting me know about this, really appreciated.

Cheers

Roy

Newportnobby

Can I throw this one out to you guys please?
In the poll, someone has voted for the Class 43.
Should I put this in the 'Diesel' section or the 'DMU' section ???

The 'Diesel' section was intended for locos i.e. pulling coaches or wagons etc

port perran

Bit of a dilema that one !!
Personally, I'd put it in the diesel section.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Tank

100% diesel.  Class 43 was the TOPS name specifically for the power cars, not the train.

Roy L S

Quote from: Tank on June 10, 2012, 04:27:25 PM
100% diesel.  Class 43 was the TOPS name specifically for the power cars, not the train.

Do they mean the HST Power-Car? That would be odd given the long standing Farish one and recent "state of the art" release by Dapol.

OR do they mean the original "North British" build of Diesel B-B Hydraulic "Warship" which were allocated but never actually got TOPS Code 43 (Swindon Build Class allocated 42).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_43_(Warship_Class)

Regards

Roy

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations