The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Q

Quote from: javlinfaw7 on March 24, 2022, 10:01:40 AM
Quote from: The Q on March 24, 2022, 07:59:43 AM
One minor point is the cash they are paid is not all they get.. because of course they get free food and accommodation while on board.

The imported labour are allowed because they are at sea, not employed in the UK.

The  agency staff will probably stay on board for 24 / 7 for maybe 3 months at a time, then go home for a month before returning..

They are likely to have effectively 2 crews on board at any time, one shift on duty the other off duty..
How does that go for the Cairnryan to Larne route being totally in British territorial waters
It comes under the various merchant shipping acts, which are in line with international agreements..
At least that's What P +O are hoping.

As for Tesco Uniforms, I hope the In Store Technicians uniforms aren't changed for those guys' I was one once and you get very dirty as it is with the dark blue...

In store technicians, look after the maintenance of fridges, lighting, and general building repairs. Customers can manage to destroy anything, and many of the staff aren't that far behind..

joe cassidy

I just booked a hire car for one day from Birmingham airport.

Cost : £188 (for a VW Polo).

:*(

Malc

Quote from: joe cassidy on March 24, 2022, 11:30:21 AM

Hope you don't intend to drive into the city, we now have a clean air charge. The monorail connects the airport to the station and trains to the city run frequently.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

joe cassidy

No, I'll be going to Whitehouse Common, near Sutton Coldfield.

emjaybee

:jawdropping:

One hopes it's inclusive of fuel and a chauffeur.

How the devil is it that expensive?
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

joe cassidy

I'm renting from Europcar.

Avis was even more expensive !

stevewalker

Ouch! My wife's car was hit and damaged last week and the insurance company offered us a hire car (we didn't bother as we could easily do without her car for a couple of weeks) - they mentioned that it would cost them £18 per day!!!!

In fact, thinking about it, my last hire cost me £110 per day (13 months ago) and that was a 7.5t truck!

guest10040

OK, hands up, it didn't take long before I arrived in my previous home....

but...
TESCOs...

last week, thursday, I was detailed by SWMBO to go and do a shop....
list provided, 'just get what is on the list, and no bottles'  :-[
as if, but I have broad shoulders, and a shed, so I can sneak in a couple of bottles of scottish water  :beers:

on her list were 'tissues, cube' even I can manage that  :hmmm:

so down that aisle, and there they were, price tag £1.

took one and gunned it
£2.25  :veryangry:

removed the item, and looked around ...

ahh, those look like the ones she usually demands err gets, but priced at £3  :hmmm:
took one and gunned it ...80p

result, filled her requirement, and continued with my task.

but ...
when I got home, I had a thought, I know, a lonely place for a thought, and decided to call Tesco customer services and make them aware of the problem... after all, not everyone guns the shopping, some work it out in their head before they get to the till.

helpfull guy on the phone, understood my point, and said he would e-mail the store manager to make him aware of the problem.

sorted  :thumbsup: :hmmm:

yesterday I was agin detailed to shop   :thumbsdown:

and on arrival, the same situation re tissues was present....
found a member of staff and explained, suggesting that she get a manager to resolve it...

"I am a manager"

over to you then....

not totally confident, so went through the phone call again...
'I'll phone the duty manager and get him to resolve this straight away'

ohhh  :poop:
today, detailed again to shop @ Tesco.....

and guess what, all still the same in the tissue aisle  :*(

yet another call....
'I'd like to speak to a customer service manager regarding a formal complaint regarding one of your stores'
'I am a customer service manager'

so, for the third time, explained the problem, pointing out the possible embarrassment of customers at the till when their carefully added up total isn't anywhere near right.

outcome ?
supposedly, she is phoning the store manager  :D and passing on my complaint, took my e-mail address, and is going to ask the manager to e-mail me

so, the point of this.....

self scan AND CHECK THE LISTED PRICE AGAINST THE ACTUAL COST if you go to the Burgess Hill superstore.

some comments from this post have been redacted by HB... 'you are supposed to be calm' at least I think that was what he said / growled .  :-[
where is the 'don't hold your breath' emoji ?

daffy

And the moral to this story...

To err is Tesco, 'tis folly to complain.

:)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

The Q

Placement of product and prices are all controlled by Tesco head office, everyday there are lists printed / displayed for every supermarket to follow.

What can happen is local staff forget / can't be bothered to change labels on the shelf. That depends on how well THE manager in charge of store, controls his staff..

Each department has it's own junior manager, they are all customer service managers..

lil chris

What is going on in this country, everyone is trying to rip people off, no wonder its called rip off Britain.
I ordered a computer drive for collect and received a message awaiting stock, so I replied please cancel the order I will order a alternative. I collected the alternative drive, later I checked on the site and it said the invoice was completed for the nil stock item. Something fishy if you ask me, anyway I reported to Paypal and the shop, I got a refund the next day. A few days ago I bought digital W10 key off a supplier I have used several times, when I wanted to use it Microsoft told me the key had already been used, again I had paid using Paypal, and I got my refund today. I managed to buy another W10 key for £9.99 cheaper than the first one, so all is well now. we have also had the calls again this week on the telephone saying money has been transfered from your bank, plus the Amazon scam has well, does your head in.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Malc

Too late for you now, but I use Unity Soft for any Microsoft software. Been using them for years with only one problem (my fault) that they sorted.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

guest10040

ok, for those who remember, and did not like, my previous incarnation of class37025, this would be a good time to close this thread, and head to more serene areas of the forum.....

still here ?

today, both SWMBO and I received letters from the local district council regarding a petition regarding the so called 'northern arc'.. two letters, two lots of postage, to the same address, each with an enclosed SAE for a possible reply...

the northern arc is, for those not in the area, an unwanted, except by the council, development of over 3,500 houses, DO NOT ASK ABOUT  AFFORDABLE HOUSES, plus assorted industrial etc areas built on what was a green area between Burgess Hill, and Haywards Heath.

did it include any increases to the infrastructure in the area, ie reservoirs / waste disposal facilities ?

don't be stupid, you cannot make a profit from those.

new schools .... possibly, though not actually sure

new doctors surgeries ... mmmm possibly

we've all heard that before, supposed additions, which do not appear, and no areas undeveloped where they would / should have been.

so, in theory, you can go to the district council website, link in letter, and make your views known...

I forgot to mention, that with the new housing etc there will be new council tax, and Burgess Hill town council thought they would get it....
but obviously there were those in other local town / parish councils who set their eyes on it, and spoke to their 'friends' on the district council...

the result, this massive development on the outskirts of Burgess hill will now be allocated to Ansty & Staplefield parish council...
check google earth.

so B H TC got the hump, people out with clipboards 'we're going to lose money, your services will suffer etc'

so as a result of the 'petition' a review, and the issue at great cost of the letters.

make your views known on this link...

except  :veryangry:

after making a quite reasoned comment [what me  :-[] the linked MSDC site told me it could not link woith some other site to verify my response, and to refresh my page, which then wiped everything I spent ages writing.

so basically, my mate want to be a councillor, and get the expenses, so do not do anything to stop this, cause he's agreed to fit me a new kitchen FOC  :censored:

joe cassidy

Quote from: Redcap244 on April 30, 2022, 03:41:17 PM
the northern arc is, for those not in the area, an unwanted, except by the council, development of over 3,500 houses, DO NOT ASK ABOUT  AFFORDABLE HOUSES, plus assorted industrial etc areas built on what was a green area between Burgess Hill, and Haywards Heath.

did it include any increases to the infrastructure in the area, ie reservoirs / waste disposal facilities ?

don't be stupid, you cannot make a profit from those.

new schools .... possibly, though not actually sure

new doctors surgeries ... mmmm possibly

How many new pubs ?

:)

guest10040

I never thought to ask that...

perhaps @trainfish would be a better person to answer that..

though, as little affordable housing declared, perhaps the question should be

"how many  yuppie wine bars"

seriously, though, would'nt it be nice to see infrastructure improvements made BEFORE the new housing, or am I being too innocent ?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations