Selling to retailers

Started by Catsick, November 11, 2021, 11:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geofff

Hello Catsick

I'm looking for typical BR/SR steam engine ( N Class, Schools or similar) and a Maunsell BR/SR brake coach.

I would be interested in those items if you  have them.

Regards

Geoff

Bob G

Quote from: Catsick on January 16, 2022, 07:30:47 AM
This attempt drew to an unsuccesul close. Almost scammed on ebay so that avenue got closed an d a quote back from retailers as a trial was far from appeling. So decided to keep it all. Wasn't prepared to post any which probably didn't help lol

I'd still consider this site as a possibility though  :)

I avoid selling on EBay between mid-November and the end of the Christmas season. It seems to attract people that have never used the site and don't know how to behave.
Generally I enjoy buying and selling on EBay.

Bob

Bob G

A follow-on to my post.
You have listed in the N'porium a number of items that are marked cash and collection only.

TBH you are not going to sell these unless you accept digital transactions and post the items. The post office will come to your door and collect for 72p (current price) so not a great issue and you build that into the P&P you charge.

I'm just being brutally honest. I think you are naiive if you think someone is going to drive a couple of hours for a relatively low value purchase.
Plus you don't say where the items are located.

You have to get with the times, I'm afraid, or deal with a dealer, which you were not impressed with. One or the other has to happen.

Bob

Catsick

Thanks, advice taken on board but been messed about too much with posting by scammers to chance it. Would rather keep items than risk things 'going missing' or not being signed for etc
Understand I am shooting myself in the foot and whilst selling stuff would be good it's not a necessity or pension fund yet lol

Only Schools Class I have is Dapol St.Lawrence
You don't know what you can do what you can't

Hiawatha

So, and where are you located? You don't have a country flag but a Dutch Fleischmann set to sell – are you from the Netherlands? ;)
Peter

Newportnobby

I've sold shedloads of stuff off the N'Porium and the requirements are simple.
(a) Nothing leaves me until I have confirmation from paypal or bank the money is received.
(b) All parcels are sent 'Signed For' so there's no chance of someone saying they didn't receive it. If more than, say, £50 it gets insured too. The price reflects such costs.

weave

Catsick @Catsick ,

You've made your decision, fine, might be interested but WHERE DO YOU LIVE?

Catsick

You don't know what you can do what you can't

weave

Too far away I'm afraid but at least we all know  :)

Cheers, weave  :beers:

PGN

What I would say, guys, is this ... we all want our local model shops to survive.

It's a tough market for them, so even though you may get slightly more selling elsewhere, I would encourage everyone to at least CONSIDER selling to their local retailers, as it helps them to keep going. And that benefits us all in the long run ...
Pre-Grouping: the best of all possible worlds!

I would rather build a model which is wrong but "looks right" than a model which is right but "looks wrong".

njee20

Conversely, they're not charities. It would seem to make sense in the OP's case; it's a bit 'cake and eat it' at the moment I fear. Cash and not posting = selling to a retailer.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations