The Canary Islands (Islas Canarias)

Started by Tdm, November 18, 2015, 08:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tdm

Nothing to do with model railways - but for anyone interested I have now uploaded to YouTube a video photo clip of our recent cruise around six of the Canary Islands plus a visit to not too far away Madeira and Morocco.

To view the video (just under 30 minutes) click on the Link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KdW82DDPVs

colpatben

:greatpicturessign:

We love the Braemar this will he our next years cruise and will be Tenerife to Tenerife.

But in the meantime not long to go for our two weeks in Dec on Tenerife in Costa Adeje.

I understand there is a guy who does island tours in his Triumph Stag  :D
We never have problems, only solutions!

Current DCC Project

Involved in Bexhill West to Crowhurst

Now Sold Ensbourne

Colin

Tdm

Quote from: colpatben on November 18, 2015, 10:18:44 AM
:greatpicturessign:

We love the Braemar this will he our next years cruise and will be Tenerife to Tenerife.

But in the meantime not long to go for our two weeks in Dec on Tenerife in Costa Adeje.

I understand there is a guy who does island tours in his Triumph Stag  :D

I could be persuaded  :D Have got a few YouTube videos on my site (Tenerife Terry) of my outings in the Stag around the South of the Island near where I live.

My wife and I also like the "Braemar" and have been on cruises on it 3 times now - always choosing the same stateroom - Suite 7036, as I can now easily find it in the Dark, or when I have had too much to drink.

In July went on the sister ship "Balmoral" to Norway to ride the Flamsbana railway - but prefer the "Braemar" to be honest. The entertainment on the "Balmoral" though was excellent.

colpatben

Our favourite was 8001 right outside the Observatory Bar, couldn't miss our door!

PM you tomorrow with our details whilst on the Island we could grab a beer at least. If thats OK with you?
We never have problems, only solutions!

Current DCC Project

Involved in Bexhill West to Crowhurst

Now Sold Ensbourne

Colin

Tdm

Quote from: colpatben on November 18, 2015, 05:46:27 PM
Our favourite was 8001 right outside the Observatory Bar, couldn't miss our door!

PM you tomorrow with our details whilst on the Island we could grab a beer at least. If thats OK with you?

No problem - Used to go for a drink in the Observatory before 2nd sitting Dinner.

railsquid

Quote from: Tdm on November 18, 2015, 10:36:46 AM
My wife and I also like the "Braemar" and have been on cruises on it 3 times now - always choosing the same stateroom - Suite 7036, as I can now easily find it in the Dark, or when I have had too much to drink.

Did you see the joins? ;)
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20151113-this-is-why-people-cut-cruise-ships-in-half

Tdm

Quote from: railsquid on November 19, 2015, 03:23:40 AM
Quote from: Tdm on November 18, 2015, 10:36:46 AM

Did you see the joins? ;)
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20151113-this-is-why-people-cut-cruise-ships-in-half

Looking at the video of the extension again (they show it on one of the channels of the ship's TV system), it seems the stateroom we always choose is right in the middle of the new added middle section, and roughly right bang in the middle of the ship on the 7th Deck.

It's position means you get the minimum amount of roll in rough seas, and we did have quite a swell when we sailed from the Canaries to Madeira as all initial attempts at docking there failed, and the Captain had to anchor out at sea and the only way to get to shore was on one of the ship's tenders.

Been looking at your latest Scarm drawing "Squiddy" and it looks good but a little complicated with all those different levels. I have enough trouble getting my single up & over figure of 8 section looking & working right, but I'm sure yours will turn out fine in the end, and remember to post a video of it in operation.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.23
Below Goal: £29.77
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
April Donations