My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

where is all the rain you guys are supposed to be having?

Bealman

We've had quite a bit! Eased off today though.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

Furry mothership hanging over the bowlo today.

Looks a bit like a giant paramecium!

MinZaPint

Quote from: Bealman on August 16, 2020, 09:44:16 AM
Furry mothership hanging over the bowlo today.

Looks a bit like a giant paramecium!

Well that got me! had to look that one up!  ???  :hmmm: you could have just said it was a genus of Unicellular Ciliates  :doh:  :D

Cheers David
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

railsquid

Quote from: MinZaPint on August 16, 2020, 10:57:25 AM
Well that got me! had to look that one up!  ???  :hmmm: you could have just said it was a genus of Unicellular Ciliates  :doh:  :D

What's the reception like on those?

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: railsquid on August 16, 2020, 11:21:43 AM
Quote from: MinZaPint on August 16, 2020, 10:57:25 AM

What's the reception like one those?

Bright, spacious and generally welcoming, lovely deep carpet but the chairs are a little uncomfortable.

Bealman

I'd start to really worry if I saw a giant Euglena up there!

Bealman

Not a lot of activity at the bus stop last night, in fact a bit sad, really. Just a snack packet of questionable content, and an earthworm in it's death throes, unfortunately, top right.

themadhippy

QuoteI'd start to really worry if I saw a giant Euglena up there!
If its got an axe be careful
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

joe cassidy

How did that Biltong get from South Africa to your bus stop, or is it 'roo biltong?

P.S. - saw a news report a couple of days ago about kangaroos playing in the snow ?

Bealman

Yeah, it's snowing in the mountains.

But I don't know what Biltong is!

Never come across it until the bus stop!

weave

Hi George.

It's disgusting. It's some sort of dried meat and tastes like a sweaty sandal sole. Apparently, translated from Afrikaans, it means 'buttock tongue'. I rest my case  :D.

Cheers, weave  :beers:

port perran

Quote from: weave on August 26, 2020, 12:37:09 PM
Hi George.

It's disgusting. It's some sort of dried meat and tastes like a sweaty sandal sole. Apparently, translated from Afrikaans, it means 'buttock tongue'. I rest my case  :D.

Cheers, weave  :beers:

I can eat most things (with the exception of marmite and liquorice ) but I definitely draw the line at biltong.
Tried it once and didn't  like it.
Weave's description is spot on.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Trainfish

You're all weird! Biltong is excellent and if you get a good one it can last for hours. The good stuff isn't cheap though  ???
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

joe cassidy

I love biltong.

In English we would call it "beef jerky", in the US pemmican.

In South Africa it's available in different flavours - beef, kudu, assorted other "game" - and different consistencies ranging from teeth-breaking dry sticks to melt-in-your mouth soft slices.

You can buy it at the airports in SA but hide it in your dirty undies if you bring it to Europe as it's forbidden to import it.

Sorry Veronica from South Africa if you are suffering withdrawal symptoms in the Isle of Wight.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations