2012 Dapol Catalogue

Started by 4x2, January 15, 2012, 12:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprintex

Thanks for that  :)

No wonder I didn't get it, don't do any of that Faceache or Twithead rubbish!  ;D

Paul

Karhedron

Quote from: newportnobby on January 15, 2012, 06:45:03 PM
Spam can and class 22 please, Mr. Dapol. That will make my year happy :thumbsup:
A class 22 is still on the cards but not this year. DapolDave recently mentioned that he expected the N gauge version to require 9-12 months development work but that it had not been started yet. :( Like you I am keen to see these little locos go through the shrink-ray.

Quote from: Pendy on January 15, 2012, 05:59:09 PM
Or maybe an Electrostar - considering there are over 300 sets of these running on the railways today. But they will probably produce yet more steamies.
I think they will make whatever they think will sell. Steamies do seem to shift but how much of that is chicken and egg? Farish have broken the ice with the 4-CEP and the Desiro (and can a 2-EPB be far behind?). If they sell well I cannot imagine Dapol wanting to be left behind.

Electrostars and the obvious group to go for considering Bachmann have nabbed the desiros. The only potential problem is that there are more Electrostar variants than Desiro variants so you may get people hanging on for their precise model. Given that Hornby have done a 4-VEP, it is not impossible that Dapol will do one, just hope they don't copy Hornby's errors too.

Quote from: Greybeema on January 15, 2012, 08:01:48 PM

As pointed out to me when I was on FB to Dapol - the Hornby Networker didn't sell to well on OO so it stands no chance in N.
I think that might have been me.

My comments on the Networker were specific to that prototype and not a suggestion that Dapol (or anyone other manufacturer) should not bother with EMUs at all. I personally think that well chosen EMU prototypes would sell well but that the Networker is not that prototype. Something like a 319 (or an Electrostar) would have better sales potential IMHO.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

moogle

Quote from: Pendy on January 15, 2012, 05:59:09 PM
Or maybe an Electrostar - considering there are over 300 sets of these running on the railways today. But they will probably produce yet more steamies.

More steamies please!  ;D

In fact, just more of everything!

I wish they'd do a SR N class.
Then it could be made in SECR, SR and BR liveries.  :)

Why do I wish that?
Because then you can remove the smoke deflectors and you have an Irish K class!

Just imagine that, an R-T-R Irish outline loco in GSR or CIE livery.  :thumbsup:
Thats what Bachmann did in that other scale that I won't name. (Swearing's not allowed.)
Unless  :GraFar: use the 'shrink ray' on that one 1st!
Well, a modeller can dream, can't he?  ;)
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

4x2

Tank engines and shunters - doesn't matter which ones, any would be nice !
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

MinZaPint

Quote from: moogle on January 16, 2012, 05:07:44 PM

More steamies please!  ;D

In fact, just more of everything!

I wish they'd do a SR N class.
Then it could be made in SECR, SR and BR liveries.  :)

Why do I wish that?
Because then you can remove the smoke deflectors and you have an Irish K class!

Just imagine that, an R-T-R Irish outline loco in GSR or CIE livery.  :thumbsup:
Thats what Bachmann did in that other scale that I won't name. (Swearing's not allowed.)
Unless  :GraFar: use the 'shrink ray' on that one 1st!
Well, a modeller can dream, can't he?  ;)

If I can't have a Schools I'm with Moogle for an N class, it'll suit my layout to a T in Southern colours of course!  :thumbsup:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

BlythStationLad

Gresley suburbans, pleeeaaassseee.

Paul B

Quote from: BlythStationLad on January 18, 2012, 09:19:43 AM

Agreed  - any non-main line coaches would be good!
LNER and PKP fan in the home of the GWR!

Ollie3440

The following may be of interest. I received thee lates issue of the N Gauge Society's area groups newsletter and it mentioned DapolDave visited the Yorkshire area group and this is what it said:

"We got some exclusive news - Dapol will be announcing two new locomotives next year - one steam and one diesel and possibly a first generation DMU. Dave wouldn't reveal any more information but did give us the following information:

-Romanian built class 56, Class 52 (Western) and class 142 to be available in 2012
-Class 122 also due out in 2012 in green (with and without yellow warning panels) and Blue/grey
-There will be some SR coaches to go with the new Bulleid locos
-There's a chance that 10000 (LMS diesel) could get reduced from OO to N"

So by the looks of it my wallet may have a large hole burned in it lol!

Ollie
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

Pengi

This is terrible news for us modern EMU and Pendo lovers. At least, I will not be spending any money on trains this year* as I won't touch Farish (because of their slow Voyagers) and Dapol appear to be anti modern EMU.

A plea to anyone going to a model fair  - please ask Dapol Dave to produce a Pendo (or an Electrostar as second choice)

*unless there are some spectacular Kato bargains on eBay.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

H

Quote from: Greybeema on January 15, 2012, 08:01:48 PMAs pointed out to me when I was on FB to Dapol - the Hornby Networker didn't sell to well on OO so it stands no chance in N. 

My understanding is that the Hornby Networker didn't sell well for a number of reasons. Although it was a relatively good model it was of the two car class 466 varient rather than the more popular, more numerous and greater route use of the class 465 four car units. And with a different body style is very difficult to convert to a 465. It also had very poor perfomance with only one powered axle and a small can motor.

Besides things have changed quite a bit in the 15 years since it was released in 1997. NSE is now far enough in the past to have become a lot more popular as a nostalgic and historic period. And a new bread of modellers has come along and are showing interest in NSE. EMUs are certainly now getting a lot of interest from both modellers and manufcaturers.

Perhaps it's time to re-consider. But I'd prefer a class 456 if it had to be a two car unit, with a class 319 dual voltage Thameslink and/or Electrostar unit for four car sets.

H.

Mustermark

Does anyone know if further HST coaches are coming?  I need the FGW first class and buffet to complete my set.

Failing that i would be happy enough with some more second class and some yellow paint but they are now unavailable!

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

sprichasm

Quote from: Pendy on January 15, 2012, 07:52:45 PM
What about a Brighton Belle?
A pullman driving trailer (like the Del Prado 1:160 scale one but to "proper" 1:148!) to match their class 73 in pullman livery would make sense perhaps ... or are they hoping BachFar will do it ... to go with their MkI Pullmans?
:beers:
VBR
Chas

H

Quote from: sprichasm on January 25, 2012, 03:12:38 PM
Quote from: Pendy on January 15, 2012, 07:52:45 PM
What about a Brighton Belle?
A pullman driving trailer (like the Del Prado 1:160 scale one but to "proper" 1:148!) to match their class 73 in pullman livery would make sense perhaps ... or are they hoping BachFar will do it ... to go with their MkI Pullmans?

It'd have to be a complete five car Britghton Belle set, but that would certainly be very welcome, as, unfortunately, the earlier Farish matchboard Pullmans and/or the later Bachmann Mk1 Pullmans would not match the driving cars - they're different types with different profiles.

H.

sprichasm

Maybe the slightly underscale Lima "Cecilia" would be more the type? Though that's just a rebadged CIWL one of European origin. Pity Lima never did more than one of their CIWL coaches in British Pullman livery.
:beers:

Quote from: H on January 25, 2012, 04:15:38 PM
It'd have to be a complete five car Britghton Belle set, but that would certainly be very welcome, as, unfortunately, the earlier Farish matchboard Pullmans and/or the later Bachmann Mk1 Pullmans would not match the driving cars - they're different types with different profiles.
VBR
Chas

cudders

Quote from: Paul B on January 18, 2012, 07:39:25 PM
Quote from: BlythStationLad on January 18, 2012, 09:19:43 AM

Agreed  - any non-main line coaches would be good!

Make that three and the old man four!!

Cudders
Hoping to make a start on the layout before Xmas!!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations