How many locos do you own?

Started by petejones, August 02, 2018, 07:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

one of the benefits of this lock down is i am planning on running everything as an exercise. Not sure how long this is going to take but it i am enjoying my afternoons in the train room.

I did get round to cataloguing the stock in an excel spreadsheet last year, then i had to hide it.

Hailstone

emjaybee

From memory...

1 x Duchess
7/8 x Jubilees (can't remember!)
2 x Black Fives
1 x Ivatt
1 x Jinty
2 x Royal Scot
1 x B1
4 x Burlington Northern
2 x Western (One in the contractors 'paint shop')

I think?

Still waiting for...

3 x NGS shunters
1 x Sonic

I REALLY must build a layout and not just keep running them round my test loop!
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Dickydcc

Well I ran this thread past the finance committee & unsurprisingly she was not keen on my "need" for another 26 locos. However managed to blag another 2 wagons so have took that as a start  :D

Chuffington

My Excel spreadsheet says I have 176 locos...but I haven't updated it for a while so probably 200+ now...

Maybe more than I need but what has that got to do with it... :D

Graham

Quote from: Chuffington on April 04, 2020, 10:05:13 PM
My Excel spreadsheet says I have 176 locos...but I haven't updated it for a while so probably 200+ now...

that makes me feel so much better i have quite a way to go before i get anywhere near that. :claphappy: :claphappy:

Fenrisian

So my collection of
1 Ivat 2mt
1 3f
1 j39
1 B1
1 Peppercorn A1
1 Peppercorn A2
Seems barely adequate. I will get a J72 when it's released and Gresley A3 & A4.. The layout is far too small for a pacific but rule 1 applies
Pete

monkey_brains

Quote from: Chuffington on April 04, 2020, 10:05:13 PM

Given that sort of number my response clearly has to be a simple 'not enough'  :smiley-laughing:
A keen modern image modeller in N Gauge, the latest creation I am working on is Cottingfield - an N Gauge Rule 1 Layout

Plotting has started on a DC controlled layout for the trains I can't easily convert to DCC North Wroxham - an N Gauge Modern Era Layout

Trainfish

I don't think I've posted on this thread but I do have a couple of photos of some of my locos and multiple units. My spreadsheet says I only have 180, I think I need a few more:

I have 2 Blue Pullmans now, these are old pictures

These are awaiting various repairs/cleans etc

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

njee20

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: Trainfish on April 12, 2020, 03:53:17 AM
I have 2 Blue Pullmans now, these are old pictures

We understand.  You're among friends here :D

"And every day the paper boy brings more" :thumbsup:

chrism

How many have I got?

I think it's fair to say somewhere between more than I can really justify and not as many as I would like  :D

BramptonBranch

When you realise you have ten of these, thirty of those. only half a dozen of something else and a lot more than one of everything you do start to wonder. Do I really need anymore? (as the finger hovers over the bid now function on that well known auction site)......
You can never have to many Warships!

Intercity

When I went down to the dungeon, I mean basement and the first thing I saw were 7 voyagers, 9 class 56s and 10 class 66s I realized I'd rather not know, but I won't be bidding on any more as I've got enough, well after the Kato SD80MAC turns up with boxcar and caboose for £44.

Oh and spot the lie in the text above!!!!  :D :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations