2020 Tour de France

Started by Newportnobby, August 12, 2020, 06:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip.

Remco Evenepoel has just had a shocker of a crash at Il Lombardia, straight over the side of a bridge  :( He is conscious and just been carted off in an ambulance.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Philip. on August 15, 2020, 04:13:42 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on August 15, 2020, 04:06:08 PM
Sad news. :(
Will/can anyone step up to the plate for Ineos? I don't think Thomas has got it in him and Froome's not fit yet

I'll have a go, I'll have to get a new inner tube and I'm not sure about the lycra, but 3 weeks in France, I'm game  :D

Plus 2 weeks in quarantine on your return :hmmm:

Philip.

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 15, 2020, 04:20:47 PM
Quote from: Philip. on August 15, 2020, 04:13:42 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on August 15, 2020, 04:06:08 PM
Sad news. :(
Will/can anyone step up to the plate for Ineos? I don't think Thomas has got it in him and Froome's not fit yet

I'll have a go, I'll have to get a new inner tube and I'm not sure about the lycra, but 3 weeks in France, I'm game  :D

Plus 2 weeks in quarantine on your return :hmmm:

I'd need more than 2 weeks after 3 weeks on a bike  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

njee20

Quote from: Philip. on August 15, 2020, 04:20:17 PM
Remco Evenepoel has just had a shocker of a crash at Il Lombardia, straight over the side of a bridge  :( He is conscious and just been carted off in an ambulance.

He's conscious and being assessed according to the team.   

Philip.

Deceuninck-Quickstep confirmed Saturday evening that the 20-year-old suffered a fractured pelvis and bruised lung in the crash.

gavin_t

A lot of bad crashes this year already. That one with the barriers in Poland was bad too.
Although that one should never have happened and the organisers have a lot to answer for there.

Thomas sometimes does well with a last min change of plan and no expectations. Always going to back a fellow Thomas for a win : :D

Philip.

Team Ineos Line up for Tour De France

Andrey Amador
Egan Bernal
Richard Carapaz
Jonathan Castroviejo
Michal Kwiatkowski
Luke Rowe
Pavel Sivakov
Dylan van Baarle

Thomas will ride the Giro and Froome La Vuelta

https://www.teamineos.com/article/ineos-grenadiers-set-out-grand-tour-plans-for-2020

Newportnobby

It would appear to be a management/Dave Brailsford decision. Not sure Geraint or Chris had any input.

Sivakov might be a contender after his performance in the Critérium

gavin_t

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 19, 2020, 12:22:39 PM
It would appear to be a management/Dave Brailsford decision. Not sure Geraint or Chris had any input.

Sivakov might be a contender after his performance in the Critérium

Yes Brailsford has always made it clear it is himself that calls the shots.
Gutted Thomas isn't riding but would be good to see him get a fresh shot at the Giro

Philip.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/53867606 Mark Cavendish left out of race for second year in a row, is this the end of Britain's glory years in cycling?

gavin_t

I am affraid I think it is. Even last time he attended you could tell he wasn't as sharp anymore.

Cracking character and can be proud of what he had achieved though. Good to go out on a high also.

Philip.

Going off the news that Covid cases are rising sharply in France, I fear the 2020 edition won't end well

Philip.

Quote from: Philip. on August 27, 2020, 02:01:54 PM
Going off the news that Covid cases are rising sharply in France, I fear the 2020 edition won't end well

It didn't start well either for some, lots of injuries and withdrawals on the first day  :worried:

njee20

Only two withdrawals, plus John Degenkolb outside the time limit.

It's made me realise the extent to which I've lost touch with cycling. I don't know half the 'big' names anymore!

Yesterday's stage was mad, good to see today's being a bit less sketchy! Strong riding from Alaphillipe too. Could be quite the shock result, particularly if the race were curtailed early...

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations