No Buying Month (June)

Started by StufromEGDL, May 30, 2013, 04:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: dr deltic on June 06, 2013, 02:55:45 PM
Just seen Mk11's have arrived.......ooh bugger....

I'm still buying Mk1's - when did the MK11's come along :confused1:

cudders

Well this is my last bit of spending this weekend until the N gauge show in September.

I really hope I can last that long..  :worried:

Cudders
Hoping to make a start on the layout before Xmas!!

Paul B

Well I'm back from my holiday on the south coast. SWMBO and I visited Arundel twice - once was to visit the castle and the other was to visit the cathedral and Gaugemaster!

Now, I didn't plan to spend too much there, as we were on holiday and I needed money for other things - but people here were right; visit Gaugemaster and you won't come out without spending something! I have to admit that I could've spent more than I did, but spent just over £50, on some more buildings for my eventual Polish layout. I now have the engine shed, a coaling stage and some station platforms - all by Faller, which pushed the price up, but they are perfect and just what I was after!

So, although I spent more than I wanted, I am happy with what I have got!  :)

...Oh yes - we also ended up visiting a Hobbycraft shop nearby our camp site too, and I got a spray can of airbrush cleaner; I have been given a DeVilbis Sprite airbrush by my MIL, and I want to give it a good clean and see if it works! So a little more spent there too!  :doh:
LNER and PKP fan in the home of the GWR!

Jack

Having bought this month so far;
Mk2a FO x2
Mk2a TSO x4
Mk2a BSO x1
Mk1 Buffet x1
Mk2 Buffet x1
Mk1 BG x1
Lyddle End Buildings x3
Pre ordered GF Clay Hoods x3 boxes of 3

And on the verge of ordering loads of stuff for TMD, workers, fuel tanks, pump house etc etc.  :-\

With hope that the next batch of GF 37's are on the way from China...  :hmmm:  I'm not even going to think about "No Spend July"

Is there such a thing as NGSA (N Gauge Spenders Anonymous)?  I might need some :help: .   ;D
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

johnlambert

So far I've managed to avoid spending and my bank balance has felt the benefit.  Problem is that I've just been paid so, technically, I'm now in July and I feel like I deserve a treat!  I'll see if I can hold out until it is officially July but it is going to be tough!  :sorrysign:

Wayne 56089

I'll attempt a no buying month next month and because of that in 2 days I've bought.....

Dapol coal sector 58 AND 56

2 decoders for above

Peco diesel depot

2 metcalfe platform kits and finally some wire  ;)

ohlavache

Hello all.
For me, May and June look like the “buy everything months”. Many things were released at the same time and I had also more time to think of what I needed for my projects.
Here’s my list. (Take your breath.)

British side:
•   Wickham railbus and its Tomix chassis
•   Union Mills, Adams in BR black livery
•   Graham Farish, Mk1 horse box in maroon
•   Graham Farish, Mk1 first corridor in maroon
•   Graham Farish, Mk1 RFO in SR green
•   Dapol, blue spot fish van
•   Graham Farish, PCA wagon “Lever Brothers” in purple (it doesn’t fit my era, but I couldn’t resist)
•   Graham Farish, lamp huts
•   Graham Farish, Georgian townhouse

US side:
•   Fox Valley Models, Baltimore and Ohio’s wagontop boxcar
•   Intermountain, 3-Bay Covered Hopper, Grain Train
•   a church from American Model Builders

French side:
•   a train station from MKD
•   Arnold, SNCF round-sided hopper in Soufflet livery

Accessories:
•   sheep from Preiser
•   trees
•   roof and pavement from Redutex

Z scale:
•   Intermountain, 2 cylindrical hoppers
•   Red fire truck

I can’t believe I’ve bought so much...  :o
Hopefully the coming months should be quiet.
Bye.

Pengi

I've bought a Vollmer 7500 station when I was supposed not to be buying  :oopssign:
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Oldman

As I said at the begining of the month, this was a buying month for me.
Stuff from shapeways, flexitrack,glues and paint.
Next month will be a buying month as well.Backscenes to purchase, scalescenes lock keepers cottage and a few other bits and pieces.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

longbridge

I think I have a no buying for the rest of the year not just month, for the last few years I have spent every Saturday morning at my mates s/h model train shop and spent a small fortune.

It has been like dangling a carrot in front of a donkeys nose, I have spent all my spare cash on the hobby, in the meantime my car needed tyres which I got last week and I still havent fixed tthe broken front window in my caravan from last years accident.

Its amazing how much gets done when you stay away from shops like this one, I haven't been for a few weeks and have already accumulated enough money to go for a 4 to 6 week caravan holiday early next month

I had a big spend up before I stopped going to the shop so I have all my locos, rtolling stock and buildings that will keep me going for quite some time.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

StufromEGDL

Hi Gang,

Failed miserably with Mk2 s, another Class 70 & 27... And a couple of bits from EBay!!
So....new thread for July soon!!!
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14945.0

How do we think that's going to go?..

Later,
Stu from EGDL
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

Jack

Quote from: StufromEGDL on July 01, 2013, 08:06:59 AM
Hi Gang,

Failed miserably with Mk2 s, another Class 70 & 27... And a couple of bits from EBay!!
So....new thread for July soon!!!
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14945.0

How do we think that's going to go?..

Later,
Stu from EGDL
I think I'm going to follow Dave's (longbridge) way of doing things.....

Quote from: longbridge on June 30, 2013, 10:56:23 PM
I had a big spend up before I stopped going to the shop so I have all my locos, rtolling stock and buildings that will keep me going for quite some time.
Although I've not set a time period yet.   :laugh3:
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: Oldman on June 30, 2013, 10:34:14 PM
As I said at the begining of the month, this was a buying month for me.
Stuff from shapeways, flexitrack,glues and paint.
Next month will be a buying month as well.Backscenes to purchase, scalescenes lock keepers cottage and a few other bits and pieces.

Hi Oldman,

BE WARNED!!!!
I am having a bit of a non - spending month, but only railway related.
However I bought the Lock keepers cottage, which then led me to the canal bridge and so I then HAD to buy the locks/canal boats to go with them. Now in the middle of building a flight of locks that I think will be used to cover the fiddle yard....  Well thats todays idea.

Mrs H meanwhile has got us to buy a £1000 wood burning stove/boiler including delivery from the UK  :claphappy:.

Then we get to change our gas central heating over to wood fired at an additional cost of £1200.  Its a good move as last year we were paying about £150 A MONTH for ONE HOUR of Gas heating.

So a couple of quids worth of scalescenes seemed a reasonable purchase.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Oldman

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on July 04, 2013, 03:28:47 PM
However I bought the Lock keepers cottage, which then led me to the canal bridge and so I then HAD to buy the locks/canal boats to go with them. Now in the middle of building a flight of locks that I think will be used to cover the fiddle yard....  Well thats todays idea.
So a couple of quids worth of scalescenes seemed a reasonable purchase.

Already have the locks/canal boats, tempted with the bridge at some point.
And a canal side pub sounds good but it's a fair way to travel from here to find one..
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

CarriageShed

I might be on the road to recovery. I just gave up following an LMS 2-8-0 that I really wanted because I shouldn't be spending any more. Does that mean I'm cured now?   :help:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations