Calling audiophiles

Started by BobB, May 15, 2024, 05:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firstone18

Quote from: stevewalker on May 18, 2024, 11:52:16 PM
Quote from: Firstone18 on May 17, 2024, 12:05:13 PMYears back when I was really 'into' HiFi shops would have a listening room, but I considered this unrealistic as it was filled with many speakers not at all like a home environment.

When I bought my Mission 752 speakers, back in the late '90s, the shop's listening room was a room, about the size of a typical living room, with a settee, a hi-fi rack and the two speakers that I was listening to at the time.
Your experience was what I feel should be the normal when trying out speakers. The seller should be prepared to create an environment as close as possible to a 'normal' living room for test listening; they should also be prepared to change speakers over by removing one set and bringing in another.
My ears are now not up to hearing above about 10kHz and I suffer tinnitus in one ear so I'm just happy to hear music!
Cheers
Finally, after waiting over 55 years I am building a permanent layout in a purpose built shed!

Bealman

Hey, I'd be happy listening to Hendrix and Clapton on a little pocket tranny, which is what I used to do back then anyway.

Hey Joe....
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

joe cassidy

Yes George ?

Apparently the great record producers of the 60s (like Phil Spector) mixed their records so that they would sound good on tinny transistors.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £25.67
Below Goal: £74.33
Site Currency: GBP
26% 
May Donations