GDPR Compliance

Started by guest2, May 09, 2018, 09:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Dear all,

We need to make sure that this forum follows the new GDPR regulations by the 25th May 2018.  To do this we need you all to accept the policy that we've put on the forum, otherwise we'll be forced to delete your accounts.

For more information - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation

Many thanks for Only Me's help in setting this up.

Any problems them please say so here, or feel free to message myself or the team.
Cheers,
Tank.

guest311

no probs here, signed to stay with this great band of brothers

:NGF:

RailGooner

:thumbsup: :beers: Wish my work was as on the ball over this.

jond

I get forced to accept the policy each time I access the forum from a difference device or browser.

Is the acceptance stored as a cookie or somewhere in the database ?  As it seems to behave like a cookie at the moment ?

Thanks

austinbob

Quote from: jond on May 10, 2018, 08:26:11 AM
I get forced to accept the policy each time I access the forum from a difference device or browser.

Is the acceptance stored as a cookie or somewhere in the database ?  As it seems to behave like a cookie at the moment ?

Thanks
Same here... :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

austinbob

different browsers seem ok its different devices that ask for acceptance.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

jond

Quote from: Only Me on May 10, 2018, 08:40:13 AM
I blame the network............ I'll pop over and turn your screen off for you.. :D

The joys of working in the same office as @Only Me  :)

Bob Tidbury

I have to agree to the terms every time I want to view the Forum as well what do you have to do to stay on permanently ?
Bob Tidbury

Bob Tidbury

Only Me I    just remembered something you told me when I had a problem a while ago .
I turned the Amazon Fire off completely waited a minute then switched it back on , Forum comes up as normal now ,.
Cheers
Bob Tidbury

Calnefoxile

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on May 10, 2018, 09:35:50 AM
Only Me I    just remembered something you told me when I had a problem a while ago .
I turned the Amazon Fire off completely waited a minute then switched it back on , Forum comes up as normal now ,.
Cheers
Bob Tidbury

Aaahhh that great IT solution to everything "Have you switched it off and on again" solves just about everything  :P :P :P :P :P

Cheers

Neal.

robert06

Happy to agree to the GDPR policy as described.

terrysoham

Happy to agree to the GDPR policy as described
Terry Metcalfe
Ely and District Model Railway Club
Owner of High Lodge logging railway (009) and in the process of building a new layout based on Soham in 1944

Mr Sprue

For some reason I am getting slightly disorientated about all this. The past month or so I have had a barrage of bloody emails warning of GDPR and that I must act or have my details deleted from various databases.

So what do I do? Well I have clicked on links within these emails and only but a few contain a link for me to select to acknowledge and give permissions on my personal data.

As for the rest I fear a lot of information I receive in my mailbox is going to cease purely because a simple link saying "Click here to agree" or what ever wasn't there for me to select!

And yes NGF I agree to the GDPR as listed.

P.S So what happens when the UK leaves the EU then? :confused1:

RailGooner

Quote from: Mr Sprue on May 28, 2018, 07:49:03 PM
P.S So what happens when the UK leaves the EU then? :confused1:

All EU legislation goes through our Parliament and is passed into UK law. So when we leave, this legislation and whole truck-load more, will stay UK law unless/until repealed.

MJKERR

Quote from: Mr Sprue on May 28, 2018, 07:49:03 PM
I have had a barrage of bloody emails warning of GDPR and that I must act or have my details deleted from various databases

a few contain a link for me to select to acknowledge and give permissions on my personal data.

As for the rest I fear a lot of information I receive in my mailbox is going to cease purely because a simple link saying "Click here to agree" or what ever wasn't there for me
This is due to interpretation of the GDPR by each organisation

Basically, if you want to remain subscribed and there is a link use it

If you now receive an unwanted eMail, simply use the link provided AND the organisation MUST remove you

However, you may still receive eMail depending on your relationship with that organisation
If the content is important, then no link needs to be provided

Sadly I have now found some organisations are getting round this by moving their server from the EU to USA (for example)
Equally, some organisations have revised their website specifically for EU content, by removing any and all tracking scripts

It was all very similar when cookie consent was required previously, and that was swept under the carpet and replaced by a simple notice that there is now a cookie applied

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations