pre-ordering...

Started by bluedepot, March 26, 2012, 07:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluedepot

hi

if you pre-order something can they put the price up later on, or do they have to sell at the advertised pre-order price?

cheers

tim

galway

I'm sure it depends on the site, many sites say that it will be the pre-order price or less, but it's a case of buyer beware if it doesnt guarantee price I'd be more causcious.

Paul
Is féidir tú a choinneáil ar eascainí an madra nó is féidir a lasadh coinneal duit

bluedepot

i felt a bit fed up this evening, so i just ordered £300 worth of model trains....

i ordered them from rails of sheffield...

my order includes two class 20s and a class 56....

anyway i just wondered if my price was fixed or how it worked..

cheers

tim

Dock Shunter

Have a read here Tim.....should ease your mind a bit........ :thumbsup:

https://railsofsheffield.com/forthcoming-releases/

By the way.....i thought it was just women that went shopping when they were fed up......... ;D

Newportnobby

I pre-ordered a lot more than that at the weekend.
Where's me slingbacks :-[ :smiley-laughing:

hairygit

Male children never grow up, we just get older and our toys become more expensive!

longbridge

Because of the small market here in Oz pre-ordering is very popular for Aussie models, I have never seen the price go up and if it did I feel sure someone would be lynched.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

bluedepot

that's awesome! thanks for linking.

i've ordered some wagons as well, and also some bus stops, skips, the new gf catalogue.... other smaller bits and pieces...

can't wait to get the pair of 20s and the 56!!!

yes it is totally a women's thing to buy things when fed up!!! these are items i would have bought anyway eventually, probably would have waited a year or more though or looked on ebay for a cheap deal...

i'm going to start fasting for 2 days a week to save money and lose weight! also going to sit in the dark to save on electricity...

tim

tcinbg

Quote from: newportnobby on March 26, 2012, 09:30:48 PM

Do you think these will do? Reckon you'd have to shave your legs first though Nobby

OwL

Quote from: newportnobby on March 26, 2012, 09:30:48 PM
I pre-ordered a lot more than that at the weekend.

Sounds like you've had one of my CJM moments Nobby, don't worry it happens to all of us. In fact it will happen again to me in early September somewhere in Warwickshire I'm sure ::)

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

weave

Hi Tim,

Do you remember 'Layout planning..french layout', "I don't have the funds at the moment". Small lotto win? Enjoy but still go european eventually coz it can get lonely out here!

Sante Weave  :beers:

Belly

Tim,

Excellent retail therapy.

:beers:

Geoff

Mustermark

I am way more girly than the average bloke... I like rom coms, I love shopping with my wife, and I do retail therapy when I'm fed up.

Work is bad these days (but I am grateful I have a job) and I've been buying all sorts!  Doesn't make work any better but after a 32 hour shift I can get home to a parcel or two and win an eBay auction!

And I have pre-ordered from Hattons before now, and they have been great at sending stuff on when it arrives, with a cheery e-mail telling you your card got charged with what you were expecting.  But pre-ordering doesn't have the instant-enough gratification for me... it could be months, not just a couple of days.  Nice to know you have it booked for you, but not the same as knowing it's on the way.  Oh, wait, that's another girly trait... not wanting to wait.  My wife is no good at waiting on parcels, hence the shopping in the mall.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

bluedepot

hahaha yeh i know i don't have the funds... i keep looking at french n and ho on ebay as well!!!

at least i wont have to pay for the class 20s until september or whenever they get released...

tim

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations