Praise for Dapol

Started by Sipat, April 21, 2014, 08:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sipat

I'm a massive fan of the personal touch...

I recently bought a second hand DMU but the coupling from one end of the unit was missing. I contacted DCC supplies who told me the part was out of stock, a delivery was due 'sometime' but they didnt know if it would include the part I require...

I had bee having an email conversation with Joel at Dapol, trying to decipher the latest 156 liveries (I have persuaded them to produce an express liveried unit). I mentioned the missing part and if he could point me in the right direction. He replied almost instantly with a photo and one arrived in the post the next day. What fantastic service.
Steve

alibuchan

I have had the same response from Joel. With regards to a mk3 roof that I messed up when trying to create the pantograph well on my NMT and bogies with pickups for a voyager.  Both came within a couple of days and both were free. Can't fault them in most respects.

Alistair

Wingman mothergoose

They sound pretty good, shame some of their models cone out of the factory the way they do!
Slightly off topic, I thought that 156's never had the 'express' livery, this was only applied to the 158's, 156's were in the standard Provincial livery but differed from the other 15X units as the had the 'Super Sprinter' wording.

Chris

Wingman mothergoose

My bad! regional Railways had some units rebranded...

Chris

Tank

Great to hear that they're still being very helpful. :thumbsup:

Sipat

Sipat

Further to this, I notice a non catalogued addition to the dapol development website...

http://dapol.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=179_298_300_583

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations