Bachmann Johnson 1532 (1P)

Started by Celtic, March 28, 2020, 07:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celtic

Just a thought; if Bachmann have produced one of these in OO, how easy would it be for them to produce it in N? After all they have a design which just needs scaling down surely?

I weally weally want one...

Once they stopped making ventilators that is...

martyn

Bachmann have issued several things in OO which they are in no hurry to scale down to N. Different market, presumably.

I'd like to see their K3, Derby lightweight, and Cravens for a start.

But this would be the beginning of another wish list...........which I'm sure exists elsewhere on the Forum.

martyn

emjaybee

If you'd be prepared to make a good case for it, bearing in mind that they were manufactured in the 1880's and weren't withdrawn until the mid 1950's it could be something that Revolution or Sonic could consider. They appear to have gone through Midland Region, LMS and BR hands.

It doesn't have complicated external valve gear so manufacturing is simpler.

The downside to this suggestion is that Bachmann have already touched it in OO which would probably preclude other manufacturers from getting involved.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Celtic

That's a most excellent idea. Email sent. I have no idea about this sort of venture having been out the scene for so long.

I am trying to get to grips with 3D printing; not going well at the moment! We shall see....

emjaybee

Keep trying with the 3D printing, other NGF members are having some noteable success with it. If you really crack it and do one of these I could be in the market.

Good luck.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Celtic

One of the main problems is I can't find any dimensions / design drawings on line. I think I'll have to go to the railway museum or midland railway archives unless anyone has a better idea? Please!

Dancess

S&D lives on - sort of!

Celtic

I was thinking more about where pipes, rails, chimneys etc are, gaps between coal rails, dimensions of can sides/windows, steps that sort of thing.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations