photocopier reductions

Started by guest311, November 17, 2011, 08:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

I'm looking at reducing the free small engine shed that Scalescenes are doing in Hornby magazine, and was just wondering if a straight 50% reduction from the OO scale prints will be correct for N.

any guidance appreciated

clan

michael

yes, i think thats the case, model rail did a oo gauge signal box a few months back and im sure they said reduce by 50% for n gauge

how do we go about geting the free engine shed?

Bikeracer

IIRC there was a discussion about this on another forum recently and the correct figure is 51%,but I doubt the extra 1% is really going to matter.

Dunno if it's what you want,but Scalescenes do an engine shed in "N" gauge,I've no idea how much colour photocopying is but at least you can print off another with Scalescenes if you make a 'male chicken' (changed by forum) up of it.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

guest311

Quote from: Bikeracer on November 17, 2011, 09:13:36 PM
I've no idea how much colour photocopying is but at least you can print off another with Scalescenes if you make a 'male chicken' (changed by forum) up of it.

Allan

cheers, I'll give it a go at 51%. at work tonight  :evil:

I've bought the engine shed already, but the one in Hornby is a nice little one.

cheers

alan

guest311

Quote from: michael on November 17, 2011, 09:03:16 PM
yes, i think thats the case, model rail did a oo gauge signal box a few months back and im sure they said reduce by 50% for n gauge

how do we go about geting the free engine shed?

part i was in the october edition, part two in november, and part three is due in the december one.

I might dig out the signal box edition and have a go at that as well, I'd forgotten about that one.

alan

MikeDunn

Just remember, IAP buggered up the reproduction of Part 2, so you need to email them about a replacement ...

guest311

Quote from: MikeDunn on November 18, 2011, 09:51:46 AM
Just remember, IAP buggered up the reproduction of Part 2, so you need to email them about a replacement ...

cheers for that, I hadn't realised so I'll e-mail them.

as a matter of interest, what did they get wrong?

should be getting the dec copy over the weekend, perhaps there will be something in that.

cheers

alan

guest311

picked up the dec hornby mag today and on page 11 it gives details of who to contact to request replacement part 2.

apparently the problem was with scaling of part of the kit.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations