Help needed re unconsciuos uncoupling

Started by Norfolkrover, March 28, 2014, 09:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norfolkrover

My railway is now running fine but the factory fitted couplers on the farish coaches keep uncoupling from both themselves and the locos . Its  driving me crazy as well as causing the odd crash. Any suggestions to remedy most welcome.

BobB

Check how high the couplings are. I suggest you choose one end of a loco and then compare everything to it.

CarriageShed

Quote from: Norfolkrover on March 28, 2014, 09:54:11 AM
My railway is now running fine but the factory fitted couplers on the farish coaches keep uncoupling from both themselves and the locos . Its  driving me crazy as well as causing the odd crash. Any suggestions to remedy most welcome.

Also check for coupler droop. It's a well-known problem, especially for older locos and rolling stock, but can be mitigated with minor treatment (and my tongue is only partially in cheek for that statement!).

edwin_m

I've had this, possibly due to bumps at baseboard joints working the couplings up and down and the amount of tension in the couplings of a long train on a rising gradient.  If they have NEM pockets and you don't want automatic uncoupling then the Dapol non-magnetic buckeyes are a cheap and easy substitute, and also allow the separation to be adjusted by using long or short versions.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £25.67
Below Goal: £74.33
Site Currency: GBP
26% 
May Donations