NGF Photographic Competition 2015

Started by Newportnobby, March 09, 2015, 10:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Mustermark

Me too...
Layouts at TINGS, some 91s at KingsX, and some Pendolinos at Euston are sources of some potential entries so far on my UK holiday.  But i have to wait till i get home on 20th to enter.

I got told I was a security risk and asked to leave the platform at Euston today. Fortunately, not arrested though. Bet that doesn't happen to Ben!

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

MikeDunn

Virgin staff ?  You were unlucky, they rarely bother to turn up at the bottom of the gates these days, in my experience !

Tdm

Quote from: newportnobby on September 15, 2015, 09:43:28 AM
Just a couple of weeks to go until the Competition closes so could I make a plea for more entries please?
We have just 7 in the Model section and 10 in the Real one :(

If the Model section stretched to other types of "models" besides just model trains, then I might submit the picture below of the young lady who does a weekly fashion show around our Poolside. Not sure if the bloke in the Pool (it wasn't me) was eyeing up her or the roast chickens that were being cooked outside by the Bar!  :D.

Mustermark

Quote from: MikeDunn on September 15, 2015, 05:04:02 PM
Virgin staff ?  You were unlucky, they rarely bother to turn up at the bottom of the gates these days, in my experience !

No, i think he was station staff, wearing blue and riding an electric cart, and he seemed concerned that i was loitering (with intent to use a camera to photograph Virgin Hero) "on a platform with no train on it".

The Virgin guy checking tickets was more than happy to let me onto a different platform to snap away happily at City of London.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

MikeDunn

Oh, one of the jobsworths ... beats me what they do, apart from ride around the station upsetting 'customers' ...  :hmmm:

SD35

The camera is away in drydock for a sensor clean and Kirkholme is in bits.  :'(

Agrippa

Quote from: Tdm on September 15, 2015, 05:44:29 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on September 15, 2015, 09:43:28 AM
Just a couple of weeks to go until the Competition closes so could I make a plea for more entries please?
We have just 7 in the Model section and 10 in the Real one :(

If the Model section stretched to other types of "models" besides just model trains, then I might submit the picture below of the young lady who does a weekly fashion show around our Poolside. Not sure if the bloke in the Pool (it wasn't me) was eyeing up her or the roast chickens that were being cooked outside by the Bar!  :D.

Beats looking at weathered blue diesels ..............
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Tdm

Nothing to do with the NGF photo competition (different subject matters), but there are some amazing photos out there, and I don't know if any of you on here have seen these, but take a look at the few I have copied below. Not sure if I have posted a Link to them on here before or not.

Bealman

Just posted a couple.... unfortunately they're old ones. I intended to get out to the layout and take some pics especially for the comp, but the lack of a round tuit got in the way and I'm in Tasmania now, so archived pics it had to be! :beers:

Newportnobby

A big 'Thank You' to all who have entered this year's competition. Today is the last day for entries so I'll be asking the Mods to lock the 2 albums dependent on which of them wakes up first (maybe Bealman could do this as he's about whilst we're abed)
@Bealman
@scotsoft
@Caz
@Sprintex
@Pengi
@Tank

Bealman

As requested, this topic is now locked.  :thumbsup:

Sprintex

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00