NGF Photographic Competition 2015

Started by Newportnobby, March 09, 2015, 10:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Just a reminder the competition 'officially' starts today.
Rules can be found in the OP.
Please support this competition, not least because it keeps us in contact with Steve Flint of Railway Modeller magazine, but you could also win a 'virtual' award which will be placed against your forum name :D
:thankyousign:

Newportnobby

Halfway through the competition period and we only have a total of 6 entries :hmmm:

Bealman

I'd forgotten  about it too, Mick. We need a reminder banner, methinks.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Mustermark

Hi NN. Thanks for the reminder. I might have a go this year...

In the rules it says max of 2 pics... Is that a max of one in each category? Or can we enter two in one, and none in the other?

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Mustermark on August 16, 2015, 12:48:36 PM
Hi NN. Thanks for the reminder. I might have a go this year...

In the rules it says max of 2 pics... Is that a max of one in each category? Or can we enter two in one, and none in the other?

Hi Mark,
Max 2 pics, but which section(s) you put them in is entirely up to you :)

Tdm

Quote from: newportnobby on August 16, 2015, 10:50:58 AM
Halfway through the competition period and we only have a total of 6 entries :hmmm:

I'm sorry you had to make that post Mick - with only 6 entries and me having submitted 2 photos - the odds were a healthy 3 to 1, but now you have reminded people there are likely to be a flood of new entries, and the odds are going to lengthen considerably - spoilsport.  :uneasy:

Papyrus

I'd missed this entirely!  Is it worth advertising it more prominently in the sidebar, for example?

I shall 'ave a go...

Chris

Chris

I'd forgotten about it too  :( Just uploaded my entries.

Dorsetmike

Just had a thought, which section should one place photos of Romney Hythe and Dymchurch  or the Ratty, AKA Ravenglass & Eskdale?
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Dorsetmike on August 17, 2015, 09:57:52 AM
Just had a thought, which section should one place photos of Romney Hythe and Dymchurch  or the Ratty, AKA Ravenglass & Eskdale?

Definitely the 'Real' railway section, Mike

MJKERR

I wonder if any of the layouts at this years N Gauge Show would allow me to show off my Class 47 models, that would be a good mix with a scenic backdrop
I can't work out if any use DCC, I would assume some do...

Chris

Quote from: mjkerr on August 26, 2015, 09:01:01 PM
I wonder if any of the layouts at this years N Gauge Show would allow me to show off my Class 47 models, that would be a good mix with a scenic backdrop
I can't work out if any use DCC, I would assume some do...

Have a word with Ollie, his Sheaf Valley is DCC.

MJKERR

Doh, slap
Millfields Models have their own layout
Simply take out the decoder and put the blanking chip in!

Deciding whether to bring my sound 47704 along
One layout has already confirmed they would happily display it, along with the ScotRail coaches and DBSO, for the entire day I am there

Newportnobby

Just a couple of weeks to go until the Competition closes so could I make a plea for more entries please?
We have just 7 in the Model section and 10 in the Real one :(

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations