Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

I don't care about any of that. Sunderland are safe!

Jerry, interestingly, for years, the leader of the GREENS here in Australia was a bloke called Bob BROWN:dunce:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Chetcombe

Quote from: H on May 18, 2013, 09:53:43 PM
Quote from: Chetcombe on May 18, 2013, 09:07:28 PM

I think that is the second time (at least!) that you have sneaked in a reference to Chelsea on the shaky premise of a likeness to BR Blue

Certainly not - I can't stand Chelsea. That's why I didn't mention them - just that it's a catchy tune.

My team is the mighty Lions so I'm not exactly keen on C Palace either, with their silly thunderbirds look-a-like kits, although I'll admit to being at Villa Park when they beat Liverpool in the semi-final of the FA cup all those years ago.

Good luck to Watford.

H

Well at least we are agreed on a mutual dislike of Chelski

As for the Palace Thunderbird kits, well at least they are better than the Brazil kit they had as their away kit a few years ago. Talk about over hyping things - Barcelona look-alikes for the home kit and Brazil for the away ???

As for the Watford comment... well I guess we all have pecking order of who we want to win or lose in any given fixture and I would probably want Watford to win a match against Millwall :wave:

Anyway, recognizing that discussions about football, politics or religion rarely end nicely, I'd better leave it there :-X
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Pengi

Quote from: Chetcombe on May 18, 2013, 11:54:10 PM
Anyway, recognizing that discussions about football, politics or religion rarely end nicely, I'd better leave it there :-X
:thankyousign:

Here's the latest arrivals at St Clements

A London Midland Desiro 350-2

A Dapol Voyager 221 (slightly out of focus)

The Desiro was purchased from Modeller's Mecca using the 10% discount. The order was dealt with by Lucy, packaged and sent on the day and I received it yesterday. Excellent customer service from Lucy. Have removed the ugly Rapido couplings from the ends - anyone know where I can get some proper Desiro end couplings?

The Voyager I got second hand from eBay. Using the 'Make Offer' I got it for £15.01 less than the 'Buy it Now price'. It is considerably faster then the Farish version but the light covers are not as well-detailed as the Farish. My Farish V Voyager may become my first attempt at changing the livery on a model.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Bealman

Hey, Pengi! Way out of my time period, but great looking stock, AND, an awesome photo!  :thumbsup:

Jerry Howlett

Well after a nearly a year of inactivity other than constructing the card city I finally spent £30 on some unpainted Dapol Grain wagons and some transf (oops) Decals from the NGS shop.  Loco is Union Mills and the brake an old minitrix both have had a coat of grime or two. MUST get around to ballasting ....

Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Alex

Hi Jerry,

Very nice looking rake of wagons, well done.

Alex :wave:

d-a-n

I was passing The Locoshed and decided to buy the triple pack of Weathered TTA Shell wagons

[smg id=5115]

Great models, check out my review here http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1609.0

Trev

My latest acquisition via Ebay
The Pannier is the first GWR loco I've bought as all my other stock is LMS but at £22 and in relatively good condition, I thought it might be good working a branch train into the bay on my forthcoming main layout.
Also pleased with the 2 wagons for about £5 each including P&P. The collieries that were at Llay is only about 20 miles away from me.

Whenever I write a letter to someone, I add a footnote briefly explaining Ohm's law. It's my P.S. de resistance.

Bealman

Jerry: Good one!  :thumbsup: That entire train looks great, and set against the brick townscape and running across those arches - well, you really have captured the atmosphere of the 50's and 60's. If I can replicate that when I tackle my townscape, then I'll be a very happy little Vegemite. (let me know if you don't know what Vegemite is).

Oh, and yeah.... you'd better get that track ballasted.  :D

d-a-n: Firstly congrats on your Photo comp result!  :camera: I have just read your review - very informative! I notice you have a knuckle coupler on one end... shunting in rakes, I presume? They're great looking wagons... I've always thought they were out of my modelling period, but maybe not? Could they run on a late 50's early 60's layout?

Trev: That's a nice looking Pannier. Is it Poole Farish? If it is, it looks better than I remember them. How's it run? Price was certainly good! And as you say, there's nothing that so quintessentially captures the GW atmosphere as a pannier sitting in the bay platform of a country station.

Great posts, guys!  :thumbsup:

steam-driven boy

Hi,
Just arrived from Kernow Model Rail Centre:
[smg id=5128]
Class 121 GWR150
When I ordered this back in December 2010 I would never have thought there still wouldn't be a layout to put under it  :'(
Will run it in on the rolling road later  8)

Regards, Gerry.
...being a bear of very little brain...

Newportnobby

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on May 19, 2013, 12:31:14 PM
Well after a nearly a year of inactivity other than constructing the card city I finally spent £30 on some unpainted Dapol Grain wagons and some transf (oops) Decals from the NGS shop.  Loco is Union Mills and the brake an old minitrix both have had a coat of grime or two. MUST get around to ballasting ....

Very nice, Jerry :thumbsup:
Suitably grotty

Phil Hendry

I am not a complete lunatic - there are pieces missing!

EtchedPixels

Now you just need some minimodal containers ;-)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Bealman

Good one! I must admit I didn't know it ever ran in those colours! Thanks!  :thumbsup:

longbridge

Latest models that I got last weekend, I have others but they are duplicates of what I have already posted, I have a very nice collection of small steam and diesel locos now, my taste has been slowly turning from LMS to GWR, I traded all of my tender locos for small locos and larger tank engines, as a kid I loved the big express engines but as I have got older I have a preference for little ones.

Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations