Minimal wish-listing

Started by Steven B, April 25, 2024, 01:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jollybob, Carmont, JasonBz and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Skyline2uk

With latest Revolution announcement a big item is crossed off in the form of WIAs (never essential, just cool).

But I will play:

Loco: Class 455

Coach: Pass, unless you count re-releases of TSOs to make them more common.

Wagon: PHY/JYA Yeomans (purely to add variety and make more prototypical rakes for the 59s).

Bonus Re-livery: Swallow Class 47/8 (come on Farish this shouldn't be a big ask!)

Skyline2uk

Kris

Loco - GWR Metro tank
Coach - Any GWR Kitchen or Restaurant coach.
Coach 2 (as I can't think of a wagon) GWR Sleeper stock.

crewearpley40

Quote from: scruff on April 27, 2024, 10:25:53 PMLoco- class 81

coach- Mk2 pullmans

Wagon- FFA? FGA? container flats

Agree @scruff

Essential wcml stock. An 85 be nice. Yes correct FFA and FGA flats

AdrianC

From a (potential) layout point of view, there is little that I would need/like that hasn't been done for one set in the Scottish Highlands in the 80s. Still, there's always rule one....

Layout based:
Loco: As mentioned upthread a Red Stripe 47 with ScotRail branding. Although I have an old GF 47487 as a donor test for having a go myself.
Coach: Anything with ScotRail branding in either B/G, ScotRail blue stripe or the later version thats not been done.
Wagon: Without doubt the OTA

Rule One:
Loco: I suppose Rapido might get to it eventually but I'd have 97403 Ixion (Class 46)
Coach: Dapol Gresley buffet in B/G even though it wouldn't be totally correct.
Wagon: don't know...
If it moves and shouldn't, duct tape. It it doesn't move and should, WD40...

PaulCheffus

Hi

Locomotive : Class 76
Coach : Mk1 RKB
Wagon : Petroleum Coke Hopper

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

njee20

Been racking my brains on this one for a while.

All I can really come up with that would have me throwing fistfuls of cash is a 442.

ohlavache

Here is my list.

Loco: class 71
Coach: CIWL type F and its associated vans
Wagon: OTA

For a new repaint, I would go for the class 37418 in Loram livery.
(I am lucky Dapol is already planning a class 56 in DCR livery.)

Adam1701D

Quote from: njee20 on Yesterday at 11:35:17 PMBeen racking my brains on this one for a while.

All I can really come up with that would have me throwing fistfuls of cash is a 442.
I did look at seeing if a 442 would be possible, using the existing Dapol Mk3 as a base. By the time all the mods had been carried out, it would be just as expensive as new tooling.

In the current climate, I cannot see this happening. The resulting train would be lovely but very expensive!
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

njee20

Yes, not surprised at all; unique plug-door mk3s with external yaw dampers, different bogies, the MBLS as a totally unique coach (and two different variants thereof) with different underframe.

I think the fact it uses mk3 coaches is almost moot - I can't see much being reusable from an existing tooling.

For a SR EMU they're fairly versatile though; could ignore the original MBLS, and then you've got minimal variation (cab front cable covers on/off) and 6 potential livery variations, nice wide geographical spread, with plenty of drags away from the 3rd rail too.

Anyway, apologies for the tangent, that's just my thought, no part of me is surprised they've not been done!

CaleyDave

This has made a realise I have 1 to many projects on the go and so little focus.

Locomotive: 1950's Railbus

There are more practical suggestions which I think will come eventually like the Class 170 or items which would be more useful to me like the class 73/9 but going with my heart I think the technology (Onboard DCC and stay alive) makes the little 4 wheeler chassis viable and it would be a impressive model if done right.
My preference would be Park Royal (Operating on both London Midland and Scottish Regions). As long as it operated in Scotland I would be happy. (Which I think only rules out the Waggon und Maschinenbau Railbus). Alternatively maybe the Wickham Railbus would be a stronger choice despite only operating in passenger service in Scotland as consideration could be made to see what was required to also tool up the Elliot Track Recorder.

Coach:   Mk2d TSO

I do like jamespetts suggestion of the "Mark 3 TRFB", A 3 windowed buffet car would be a good addition and allow me to swap out the 4 window form something more fitting.
The MK2 brakes (2e BUO, 2a BFK, 2d BFK) are all tempting but I drop them down my Wishlist only because I can work around the lack of them. My choice is a Mk2d TSO as it would be the most numerous one I would buy in ScotRail Express, Intercity Executive and EWS Business.
I have converted a 2F TSO into a 2D TSOT but I would rather buy RTR than do that conversion another 12+ times.

Wagon: VDA

I Would support a modern HEA and RTR OTA wagons have always been appealing.
I like GlenEglise's suggestion of the "PTA Thompson Mag Lime Carnegie Montrose Side-tipping wagon". Sticking with the same theme I picked something different.

Repaint: Class 66 Royal Scotsman

Scotrail Class 47/7 is top of my list but feels a wasted choice as it has been done, I am just being greedy and wanting more. I have instead picked something I don't believe has ever been done despite 3 manufacturers.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations