Dapol Announcement- 18/7/12 0900 BST

Started by scruff, July 15, 2012, 09:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1936ace

Having just finish looking at the catalogue, can anyone lend me some cash  ;D

Won't need much any donations ok just need enough to cover the 22,27,33,52,56,50 and the missing mk3 coaches.

Have not told the "boss" about the 20 and blue Pullman so dare not ask for the dapol ones.

Got to love this hobby!

Bart

AndyGif

dont sweat it bart, its not like they are all going to be out within the next couple of months the catalog is 2012/2013.

just remember to buy her something cheap but nice, when you want to buy something nice and expensive.....

Caz

Quote from: AndyGif on July 20, 2012, 02:10:17 PM
dont sweat it bart, its not like they are all going to be out within the next couple of months the catalog is 2012/2013.

just remember to buy her something cheap but nice, when you want to buy something nice and expensive.....

Also try being kind, considerent and thoughtful and also help a bit more in the home, it wouldn't cost so much and you'll find it would go a long, long way as does an occasional bunch of flowers.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Sprintex

Quote from: whiteswan on July 20, 2012, 08:06:13 PM
Quote from: AndyGif on July 20, 2012, 02:10:17 PM

Also try being kind, considerent and thoughtful and also help a bit more in the home, it wouldn't cost so much and you'll find it would go a long, long way as does an occasional bunch of flowers.

That should be the norm though, not something that's only done when you want something in return  ;)

Paul

Caz

That's what I was trying to say, if your always like that then you'll usually get at least twice as much back, going bit off topic here so I'd better shut up, start saving for Dapol's Christmas presents and get on with some serious modelling.  ;D   ;D   ;D
Caz
layout here
Hackton info
Bampney info

1936ace

All jokes aside I'm lucky as my Nicole lets me play trains, she bought me a 5inch gauge loco for my birthday and they aren't cheap! She always gives me a good stir about my hobbies all fun1 :thumbsup:

Mustermark

Quote from: 1936ace on July 20, 2012, 11:02:51 PM
All jokes aside I'm lucky as my Nicole lets me play trains, she bought me a 5inch gauge loco for my birthday and they aren't cheap! She always gives me a good stir about my hobbies all fun1 :thumbsup:

I'm lucky that way too.  Liz will buy me a train for my birthday, but more importantly she will tell me go do trains, and she will sort this or that.

So, Caz is right...

Quote from: whiteswan on July 20, 2012, 10:27:31 PM
That's what I was trying to say, if your always like that then you'll usually get at least twice as much back

If you are nice to each other and help each other, it all works out much better than 1+1=2.

So, back on topic... last night she said well if you think you need 3 Westerns you'd better get them when they come out, coz you never know if they will make more.  How better can she show me she loves me than that?!? :thumbsup:

I will also be getting a 33 and a 50! ;D

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

1936ace

It's good when we all work as a pair! Nicole is pretty much the same although she did draw the line at three vintage fire engines, which I guess is fair enough and like you she says aren't you going to be late for trains,we are lucky, can't wait for Christmas and birthday. I best put the wish list up on everyone's fridge :smiley-laughing:
Bart

H

Thought I'd come across a marriage/relationship guidance thread and was on the wrong forum. :smiley-laughing:

H.

1936ace

Though I get in some sensitive new age stuff before I go to work at the fire station
Hahaha
Bart

Caz

Quote from: H on July 21, 2012, 07:55:06 AM
Thought I'd come across a marriage/relationship guidance thread and was on the wrong forum.
H.
:smiley-laughing:   :smiley-laughing:   :smiley-laughing:
Caz
layout here
Hackton info
Bampney info

Dock Shunter

The Female i live with is also very understanding when it comes to my railway modelling.She never buys me anything but will let me play trains when ever i like,sometimes she will sit and watch with me as well.

This is her................

RichardBattersby

Quote from: scruff on July 19, 2012, 09:05:58 PM
For anyone wondering what the Dapol catalogue looks like..

Look here..

http://www.berwickontweed.webspace.virginmedia.com/Dapol_N_catalogue_2012.pdf

Thanks for that! Been looking for it everywhere.

Not much on there for me but really like the look of some of them. A nice selection. The one thing I am excited about it Sir Nigel Gresley! Does anyone know if they're making any changes to the A4s in this second lot?
Richard
Askham Battersby MKII - NE/Midland Modular Layout

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."

Les1952

"The one thing I am excited about it Sir Nigel Gresley! Does anyone know if they're making any changes to the A4s in this second lot?"

None known, but I'm not convinced that ND128H Eisenhower in Apple Green isn't a misprint for Garter Blue....

Gresley is in the right condition for 1965 ish to mid seventies and possibly a little after- suit people with Rail Blue period layouts.....

RichardBattersby

Interesting, thanks. I'm assuming that 'LNER Blue' is the blue livery she's currently in (preserved)? All the different blues get rather confusing. I thought it she was in Express Blue but clearly not.
Richard
Askham Battersby MKII - NE/Midland Modular Layout

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations