Revolution Offering Mk5 coaches

Started by njee20, February 11, 2019, 01:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red_death

Graham

ah well, looks like the wallet is about to take another hit. What with these, the next release of the Pendo's and TEA's it is going to be an expensive year.

AdrianC

Yep, wallet is quivering as I type.

I'll have a TPE set (which means I'll need to get a TPE 68 to go with it) and as I am building a loosely West Highland based layout, I'll have a 'Fort William' set of the sleepers if you get my drift.

Better start saving...... :NGaugersRule:
If it moves and shouldn't, duct tape. It it doesn't move and should, WD40...

cutting42

I am a bit of a Mike and Ben fan but limited to 2000's around Newark so am struggling with this release. That said I have 2 pendo's and 2 LM 350's which are even more wrong. Maybe I need to build Watford Junction as well.

squit13

Yes please! 
TPE Set of 5 for me. Cant afford two sets, depending on price!

Im another vote for a 185! With sound of course. Very distinctive sound, very interesting.

Thank you boys!  Looking forward to another class model.

Did you say that the couplings are likely to be conductive like on the Pendolino?

kirky

Quote from: Snowwolflair on February 11, 2019, 10:02:59 PM
Class 185, bucket of bolts :poop: quite the worst train I have been on since my unfortunate experience on a class 142.  :smackedface:

If you live in these Northern parts like what I do, a 185 is absolute luxury compared to the usual offerings of the 142.  I think Middlesbrough station only has 142 and 185 units (occasionally Northern run 156s) so I'd advise you not to travel to or from there.

However, since Mike has declared he is a fan .... I'm hopeful. @red_death

Cheers
Kirky
Northallerton will make its next public appearance will be at Perth model railway show https://smet.org.uk/show/layouts/
June 24/25 2023.

Layout: Northallerton: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1671.msg16930#msg16930

www.northallertonngauge.co.uk

Cleveland Model Railway club website: www.clevelandmrc.club

GroupC

I'm amused by the thought that these model TPE Mk 5 sets could arrive before the forever delayed real things get started. An interesting reverse to the Dapol Pacer which is arriving just as the actual things are about to disappear.

jpendle

The TPE Mk5 sets are being tested right now, so I think they'll be in service pretty soon.

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

GroupC

Yup, seen them at York a handful of times. The TPE staff I've spoken to about them aren't holding their breath though!

And one of the 68s is marooned at York with wheel flats apparently, and the person I spoke to said they weren't sure how it had happened. Or how it would get fixed as it's now banned from mainline use - there isn't a wheel lathe on platform 2 (I think it is) as far as I remember either. Oh dear.

Cazadoom

Can't wait for these!

Full rake of sleepers and a Nova set!

Best not tell the misses!

I think I'll cry when I find out the price 😬

woodbury22uk

Quote from: GroupC on February 12, 2019, 05:24:46 PM

And one of the 68s is marooned at York with wheel flats apparently, and the person I spoke to said they weren't sure how it had happened. Or how it would get fixed as it's now banned from mainline use - there isn't a wheel lathe on platform 2 (I think it is) as far as I remember either. Oh dear.

Moving it on skates could be a long job, and changing the wheels on an 80 tonne loco around overhead wires might be a challenge technically and safety wise.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

davidinyork

Quote from: kirky on February 12, 2019, 04:41:21 PM
If you live in these Northern parts like what I do, a 185 is absolute luxury compared to the usual offerings of the 142.  I think Middlesbrough station only has 142 and 185 units (occasionally Northern run 156s) so I'd advise you not to travel to or from there.

The only real problem with 185s is that on the main section of their route they are normally carrying 4, 5 or 6 carriages' worth of passengers in 3 carriages! Apart from the constant overcrowding, they are actually fine.

Good to hear that the Mk5s are being done, anyway - as a very regular traveller on TPE I'm sure I will be ordering a set as I'm sure to spend a lot of time on the real ones!

p.s. that Class 68 in the diagrams on the website looks remarkably like an HTA coal wagon!

Merrylee

Defo be up for some CS ones.

Makes sense the class 92 order book didn't close just before Christmas as announced.
Now I'll have to add the CS one to my orders.

Wonder what the Dapol TPE 68 sales wil increase by with this announcement.

Ron

cornish yorkie

:hellosign:  A HUGE  :thankyousign: Mike & Ben, that`s this years birthday wish sorted
    regards Derek.
ONLY ONE RULE ENJOY

Craighead

Does anyone know if any of the manufacturers will be offering a class 73 in the Caledonian Sleeper colours?

The service between Edinburgh and Aberdeen is hauled by a class 73 and with only a short rake of coaches, it would provide a cost effective way of running a sleeper service on your layout.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations