Previous topic - Next topic

davieb

Hi all  :wave:

Just found this while i was looking for some 009 bits

http://www.rtmodels.co.uk/rt_models_008.htm

Hope this is of interest to someone out there

dave  :thumbsup:

Paul B

That is a smart little set and a reasonable price too - I only have two J94's so I may be tempted!  :thumbsup:
LNER and PKP fan in the home of the GWR!

Dr Al

Nice etch indeed. Shame I didn't know about it when I did mine a few years back...!!!! :

Can really make into a nice little representation of the J94 - the Farish model generally captures the feel of the real thing, even if it's not that detailed by modern standards.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

davieb

Alan from what I can gather it has only just been released  :hmmm:

I will be getting one to try it out

I will also like to say that it was your detailed model of the J94 that inspired me to give one a try

dave  :thumbsup:

Dr Al

Quote from: davieb on April 17, 2013, 10:26:04 PM
I will also like to say that it was your detailed model of the J94 that inspired me to give one a try

Nice little industrial there!

Might just get one of these sheets and do a little industrial too - at £3.50 it's a bargain I think.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

E Pinniger

Quote from: Dr Al on April 17, 2013, 10:01:29 PM
Nice etch indeed. Shame I didn't know about it when I did mine a few years back...!!!! :

Can really make into a nice little representation of the J94 - the Farish model generally captures the feel of the real thing, even if it's not that detailed by modern standards.

Cheers,
Alan

That is a seriously impressive piece of detailing work  :thumbsup: I wish I had your skills - I can make models that look good from a foot away, but don't stand up to closeup photography!

I might consider buying this set myself, as I also have a Farish J94 - some of the parts on the etch (such as the steps and rear cab grilles) would be very hard to scratchbuild.

Alex

Nice looking engines Dr Al, Dave. Might get a couple of sets for myself.

Alex :wave:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations