Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

Quote from: stevewalker on December 01, 2018, 01:15:10 PM
Whenever I have been to my GP or to a hospital appointment, they have always been running late and I have had to wait a considerable time.

Yes but if you turn up late it's a different matter. I was a little bit late once and the electronic check-in machine wouldn't accept me. The receptionist did though with a warning not to be late again as it can throw the whole day out just before telling me there would be a 10 minute delay as the GP was running late! This was of course a GP 10 minutes which in reality is a 30 minute delay.
If I keep replying to these messages I'm going to have to go over to the angry thread  :o
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

guest311

Newportnobby

@Trainfish
And they wonder why people go to A & E to sit for hours and clog the place up, John ::)
Our GP has a 'walk in' surgery on Mondays if you can be prepared to sit for ages with folks with colds who think the doc should cure them. Tuesday afternoons are set aside for training so no surgery. Thursday there's no GP, just the vampirephlebotomist doing blood tests, and there's no weekend surgeries :unimpressed:

@snitchthebudgie
Congrats on reaching the ripe age of 65. I hit this early October and have to say the state pension and heating allowance will help my model train purchases :D

Trainfish

It was rumoured that my surgery were going to have a regular walk-in session but I think they then realised that the queue would probably end up in the supermarket car park next door.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

talisman56

When I was a lot younger the usual modus operandum was that one went down to the doctor's surgery and sat in the waiting room with everyone else until you got to the front of the queue...

Mind you with all the coughs, sniffles, etc that all the other waitees had you ran the risk of coming out with at least double the ailments you went in with...

Anyone who asks me 'how I feel today' when I'm down at the Health Centre usually gets an answer on the lines of 'I'm here, what do you think?'
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Newportnobby

Quote from: talisman56 on December 03, 2018, 09:16:47 AM

Anyone who asks me 'how I feel today' when I'm down at the Health Centre usually gets the answer on the lines of 'I'm here, what do you think?'

It does make you feel like replying "I'm absolutely ticketty-boo. I just thought I'd spend a few hours seeing what I can catch for a future visit" I took my Mum to A & E once (on the recommendation of her GP, and the 2 nurses on reception bickered for a good 10 minutes as to who was going to book her in ::)

Trainfish

Quote from: Trainfish on December 01, 2018, 01:47:29 PM
So can staging a sit-in at the surgery which is what I will do on Monday if they don't give me an appointment  :(

Sit-in wasn't required. I went there at 9 and saw a GP by 9:30. Left with a form to fill out for physio  :goggleeyes:
John

<*))))><

The Q

I shall be at the GPs on Wednesday morning,  my answer would be,  I'm fine,  which I am, as long as I keep taking the pills.  The visit is to the Vampire.  The following week,  I shall visit again and my answer will be I'm fine.  I will be prodded, weighed, measured and get the results of the Vampire.

Newportnobby

Finally got through to the tax people at HMRC today and they agreed I have overpaid quite a large sum of tax. I'm told they'll put a form in the post within the next 14 days for me to fill in and return, and that any payment would then take 20 working days to be made. The cogs grind very slowly for them but I think t'would be different if I was at fault :unimpressed:

RailGooner

Quote from: Newportnobby on December 03, 2018, 09:20:35 PM
they'll put a form in the post within the next 14 days for me to fill in and return, and that any payment would then take 20 working days to be made

To be continued... in the Happy Thread around mid Jan 2019. :D

guest311

Quote from: RailGooner on December 03, 2018, 09:29:17 PM
they'll put a form in the post within the next 14 days for me to fill in and return, and that any payment would then take 20 working days to be made

To be continued... in the Happy Thread around mid Jan 2019. :D

no - don't forget there is christmas postal delay, closed for HMRC christmas party, christmas, new year, HMRC new years party..........

might get it by easter, if HMRC don't have an easter party  >:D

Ian Bowden

Quote from: snitchthebudgie on December 01, 2018, 10:16:33 AM
No sure whether this belongs on the happy, unhappy, or angry thread.

I reached the milestone (millstone?) age of 65 today.  More time for modelling, perhaps, but a nasty reminder of the advancing years.  No doubt there will be a string of replies saying that I am a mere youngster, but it doesn't feel that way this morning.  :'(
Just wait soon your days will filled so full with NHS appointments that you wonder what leisure time was, and you will know off by heart every poster and magazine in the waiting room. Seriously you will soon find you don't have enough hours in the day with all your new found leisure activities.

woodbury22uk

Finally got through to the tax people at HMRC today and they agreed I have overpaid quite a large sum of tax. I'm told they'll put a form in the post within the next 14 days for me to fill in and return, and that any payment would then take 20 working days to be made. The cogs grind very slowly for them but I think t'would be different if I was at fault :unimpressed:

As a new State Pension recipient, my wife recently found out that tax on the State Pension is charged on what she has been paid plus the amount sitting in the Government's bank that she did not receive until two weeks into the new tax year. This means that a new state pension recipient is liable for the tax on up to 4 weeks pension accrued but not paid at 5 April. So if your first pension idue week is in early March you could receive no money in the tax year but be liable for the tax on the 4 weeks of accrued pension!
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

daveg

That's interesting, Mike. Not sure I understand but no real surprise.

My state pension isn't taxable at source but forms a chunk of my personal allowance. My 'other' pensions get taxed and have their own tax codes.

There's no escape!

Dave G

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations