What Camera Do You Use?

Started by guest2, April 04, 2011, 09:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tadpole

Just got a Panasonic Lumix something or other a few weeks back, just a compact digi. I'm not fully au fait with it yet, but it seems to do everything I ask - just some depth of focus issues on close-ups (which is important to us N-gaugers).

Does that mean I've thrown the old one away? Or the one(s) before that? Hell, no: the top left hand drawer is becoming a camera graveyard complete with associated chargers, USB cables, memory cards, etc. (heaven forbid any two of them would use the same accessories!).

Two rails good. Three better.

fisherman

I use a Panasonic DMC TZ 6.......it's got a Leica lens a 14 x zoom...superb wide angle and it fits in my pocket easily......earned its keep many times over :thumbsup:
<o({{{<<

Geoff

I have a Nikon D90, and 3 lenses, photography is a hobby that I enjoy, but I am no David Bailey.
Geoff

Mustermark

I have a Nikon D60 and two zoom lenses. 8)  Photography is a bit of a hobby of mine too. :thumbsup:

My lovely wife bought me my camera as a wedding present two years ago. ;D

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Quacker1964

I have several camera - The two most useful are the Canon DSLR - though it is only a 350d it serves my purpose well.  I have several lenses including 170-500mm zoom and a 600mm mirror! - one of my other hobbies is birding/birdwatching hence the necessity for more reach.

Another more handy camera is the Panasonic FZ18 - it has 18x optical zoom and compared to DSLR kit is light as a feather.  A great trade off of weight v quality.  Of course it is no DSLR but does not induce a hernia :beers:

Both of these are a bit long in the tooth now and superceded by better models.  They both work very well however.  Not changing either just yet.

moogle

I use a Kodak Brownie Flash II.  :D

Not really!  :smiley-laughing:  But I do have one.
Along with a Kodak Junior II and a Zorki 4.
They were all my Dads at some point and now make a nice display.

I actually use a GE E1055W. 10.1MP, 5x Zoom on a 28mm wide angle lens.
Does what I need and fits in my pocket.
Also still have my Fujifilm Finepix 6900zoom that I have used since 2002!
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

H

I've got a couple of Nikon DSLRs; a D50 and a D7000 with a few lenses - one of the best for photing N gauge models is a Sigma 50 macro prime lens. The D7000 is a semi-pro jobbie and built like a battleship. I've also got a Canon Ixus but to be quite honest as it's aged it's got terrible; the reliability and quality has become really bad - I'd never buy another Canon but I must get another digital pocket snap gun.

H.

longbridge

Had Photography as a hobby and profession for 54 years, did the darkroom thing, used most formats of cameras my favourite being medium format and my trusty old Rolliflex 2.8 Twin Lens Reflex.

After lugging a case of SLR equipment around as a wedding photographer for 25 years I decided to keep it simple and light, after I retired 6 years ago I went for the small stuff and continued on with it, I now have a Kodak C875, Fuji E550 and Canon A620 plus o little Kodak Zx1 Video job for movies, between them they do what I want and have no intention of lugging the big stuff around again, ever.

Its not the camera type of that you use that counts, but knowing how to get the best of it helps a whole lot.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Tank

I use a Sony Alpha A350 - although most of my photos on here are taken with my iPhone.  My Alpha is usually set up with the standard 18-55mm lens.  I also have a 75-300mm, 500mm mirrored, a 2x Teleconvertor and a 50mm dedicated Macro.  I also have a High Definition camcorder (Sony!) which takes 12mp stills. :camera:

zwilnik

I just got my 7DayShop.com LED lights (as recommended by Tank) and they're certainly bright for simple battery powered lamps. (I say lamp, it's actually a 64 LED array).
Just experimenting with them at the moment but definitely going to have to buy a few packs of rechargeables as these gadgets take 4 AA batteries each.

joe cassidy

I'll be 65 years old in November and my wife wants to give a better than usual present.

So, I dug out my "bucket list" and one of the items on it was a Leica camera.

I had a look on the internet and it seems that the entry-level Leica camera is the D-Lux 7.

It looks very nice but can anyone tell me whether it is a good buy ?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

njee20

11 years?! Quite the thread resurrection!

Dorsetmike

I've been a Minolta user since the1980s, Currently a DSLR 5D and a compact A200, I did have a couple of Sony DSLRs which take the same lenses as the Minolta but went back to the 5D. I do have too many lenses, mostly a Tamron 18-250 zoom is fitted but I also have 4 zooms covering 11-16, 17-50, 28-75 & 80-200 at f2.8, also a  50 1.8,  90 f2.8 macro, 500 f8 mirror  2x teleconvertor, and my most recent acquisition a Tamron 150-600. Add to this a JVC video  cam.
But I'm still using a 20 year old photo editing software!
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

NScaleNotes

The eternal question  :D

In terms of features they aren't always anything special but a lot of photographers drool over them and I'd been told it was the lens/body build quality and longevity you're paying for. How much of it is just branding and aesthetics is hard to say particularly on lower-end models which might actually come off the same production line as other cameras.
For instance the model you are looking at appears almost identical in terms of features to a Panasonic Lumix DC-LX100 II that is cheaper.

Probably the only way you'd know for sure is to hold one and compare it to the competition in person.

joe cassidy

Quote from: njee20 on July 30, 2022, 12:00:12 PM
11 years?! Quite the thread resurrection!

The Search function on this forum works really well  :)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations