You ever repaint and get impatient DO NOT

Started by swisstony, June 23, 2012, 10:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swisstony

Try and speed up the drying process in a circotherm oven at 150 Degrees......it causes untold smoke, smell and melted plastic....
I believe I may have jut won an NGF Darwin Award!....

Let's hope the restored 5 Bel doesn't go the same way

:o

Mustermark

Quote from: swisstony on June 23, 2012, 10:02:19 PM
Try and speed up the drying process in a circotherm oven at 150 Degrees......it causes untold smoke, smell and melted plastic....

Let's hope the restored 5 Bel doesn't go the same way

:o

Centigrade?  Ouch.  But that's what a forum is for.  You screw up so we don't have to!  Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Tank

Whoops!   :)  My usual mistake (whilst being impatient) is to put on another coat of paint before the previous one dries. ::)

Karhedron

Been there, done that. One runny Dapol class 56 (old 00 gauge "paint it yourself version"). It is only obvious after you have done it.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

greenlaneman

Did it in my model aircraft days - Curtiss Tomahawk placed on top of bedside lamp to dry paint - melted it a treat!
Homeopathic warfare - the smallest army wins!
Terry Pratchett

Sprintex

Quote from: swisstony on June 23, 2012, 10:02:19 PM

Blame it on the sleepless nights  ;)

Paul

swisstony

You could say my 5 BEL Project went up in smoke!

longbridge

I put a freshly painted loco shell next to a light globe a while back, the shell went soft and when I went to pick it up my fingers squashed it, amazing how much heat come out of a 100watt light bulb  :thumbsdown:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

moogle

Oh dear...  :(

Sounds like you've joined the prestigious 'melt a model association' or mama for short.  ;)
Yes, I'm a member too.
Hairdryer + just painted plastic wagon kit = rather distorted model worthy of weathering and putting on Ebay!  :P   ;D :smiley-laughing:
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations