Well done the Lionesses

Started by port perran, July 31, 2022, 07:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

What a fabulous result for the girls.
Really well deserved.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

crewearpley40

Great game to watch..Will lift the nation.

GrahamB

I don't follow football but I did watch this game. I think the men have a lot to learn from the women. Well done.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

Trainfish

Fantastic result for the girls and English football in general. Pity we didn't score a few more goals though as I quite enjoyed the removal of Chloe Kelly's shirt when she scored  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

crewearpley40

Great lob from ella toone what skill.. inspirational

RailGooner

I've really enjoyed watching the celebrations. Women's football attracts a family audience, so we don't see the same alcohol fuelled near-hooliganism* that follows the men's game.

* [spoiler]
I was once an alcohol fuelled near-hooligan.  :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint:
[/spoiler]

Bob Tidbury

I though Lionesses were in a Safari Park .
Bob Tidbury

weave

Quote from: RailGooner on August 01, 2022, 03:54:10 PM
I've really enjoyed watching the celebrations. Women's football attracts a family audience, so we don't see the same alcohol fuelled near-hooliganism* that follows the men's game.

* [spoiler]
I was once an alcohol fuelled near-hooligan.  :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint:
[/spoiler]

It'll no doubt creep into the women's game. Cava tents will spring up outside grounds, Man.City Women sponsored by Aldi Sauvignon Blanc, Chelsea by Chablis and then it'll all kick off (and I'm talking stilettos here not trainers)  :D - just joking!

Seriously, well done to them  :thumbsup:

Cheers, weave  :beers:

dannyboy

Quote from: Redcap244 on August 02, 2022, 09:05:34 AM

for me the highlight of the series was that back heeled goal in the semi-final.

I don't know if that was luck or pure skillful awareness, but it was brilliantly done.

Quote from: Redcap244 on August 02, 2022, 09:05:34 AM
disgusted though, to hear on the news the disparity between what the Italians got from their win compared to what England will get.

I'd guess some of the so called male 'stars' earn that in a week.

I was only half listening to some news this morning and, if I heard correctly, the England women's team get something like £25,000 per year!, which is what some of the male players get per week!. Definitely something wrong there.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

sparky

The revenue brought in by the men's game is over 100 times the women so they are over paid at 25k a year!.. Joking aside as more sponsorship etc..and higher standards of play come into the game hopefully some of the top woman can make a living from the game but it will need a massive increase in physical attendance at games for this to happen. Good luck to them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations