Bernard Cribbins R.I.P.

Started by Newportnobby, July 28, 2022, 09:25:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

One of the most versatile actors of my life on this earth.
Farewell, Bernard :goodbye:

Tank

So sad to hear.  :thumbsdown:  My children loved a couple of his songs...

Newportnobby

This one has stuck with me for all these years................................. ;D

Bealman

Did he do the wombles narration?
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

crewearpley40

Yes George. Please see links for his numerous roles

Tank

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 28, 2022, 10:06:43 AM
This one has stuck with me for all these years................................. ;D

I only discovered this for myself about 10 years ago, as my dad used to sing it every now and again.  One of many songs that I thought he'd made up, but was actually real.....!   ;D

AdrianC

I think I've done full circle with him through my own life. He was on Jackanory all the time when I was a kid, as well as the voice of the wombles and Perks in the Railway Children, then he appeared in Dr Who (again) as Catherine Tate's grandfather and Old Jack's Boat on cbeebies, which my own kids love to watch....
RIP Bernard. You will be sadly missed.
If it moves and shouldn't, duct tape. It it doesn't move and should, WD40...

Firstone18

I echo Adrian's comments; I also think he was in a film about a Grandad who 'escaped' using Spitfire from a museum? possibly on of David Williams' children's stories?
Sad to hear he has left us.
:(
Finally, after waiting over 55 years I am building a permanent layout in a purpose built shed!

Steven B

Sad news.

If over 100 appearances on Jackanory wasn't enough, he was also shrunk to OO gauge size in the 1970s:

https://youtu.be/rAduYG3ZJx4

Steven B

Mr Sprue

Great cockney accent for someone that came from Oldham!

Remember his songs on the radio, loved his parts in films too.

Skyline2uk

Despite never counting myself as a true "Whovian" (and no I don't know who to spell that!), I always liked the films with Bernard in.

And I REALLY like him as Grandad in the newer series, some of his words and scenes were truely moving.

Even Mrs Skyline loved the final episodes of Tennant because of Bernard.

RIP good sir.

Buffin

I owned the Hole in the Ground record as a teenager. Despite the story, no nastiness in it whatever.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations