!!

Have You Registered?

Welcome to the N Gauge Forum!  We've currently hidden most of the threads due to the vast number of guests contributing in slowing the speed of the forum down.  Please register and login to see the many thousands of posts about our great hobby.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  

Thanks for reading,
'Tank' and The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Wanted - Pictures  (Read 689 times)

Offline icairns

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 6662
  • 2mm Association Number: 5510
    • Awards
Re: Wanted - Pictures
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2022, 07:22:19 PM »
Hi, @montyburns1982 :

Just a thought, but couldn’t your publishing company help you get permission from the national model railway magazines to use some of their photos in your book? 
This would have the advantages of (a) allowing you to choose the photos you want (that are relevant to your subject) by looking through old magazines, and (b) getting really high-quality photos.

It’s just an idea; I have no idea if this would work in practice.

Meanwhile, here are a few photos of ‘Ferryhill’ in the banger blue era.  I normally operate ‘Ferryhill’ in the steam/green diesel transition era and eagle-eyed readers will see some remnants of that era in the photos.

Ian

Offline PGN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 7306
    • Awards
Re: Wanted - Pictures
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2022, 10:00:28 PM »
Wonderful project ...

... have you been in touch with Grahame Hedges? I'm sure he must have LOADS of useful material - photos of his own layouts, and material gathered (but not necessarily used?) for NSpirations magazine?
Pre-Grouping: the best of all possible worlds!

I would rather build a model which is wrong but "looks right" than a model which is right but "looks wrong".

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £40.00
Below Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
August Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal