a big thumbs up for Nationwide building society

Started by guest10040, May 19, 2022, 07:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest10040

I went on line yesterday to check my account, and noticed a couple of unrecognised transactions.

phoned Nationwide, and spoke to a very helpful lady in the suspected fraud department.

I identified the suspect transactions, x 2 to supposedly Tesco Internet subscriptions, which Tesco confirmed they have not done internet for many years, and another to a supposed insurance company.

upon investigation it also showed that the supposed insurance company had made a transaction last december, which I had missed  :-[

both were 'recurring payments', and both were blocked straight away to prevent any further payments, and my debit card was cancelled, and a new one ordered.

the transactions were referred to their fraud departments, and I was told that all being well the funds would be recredited to my account in a few days. any queries about them, and they would be in touch with me.

shock - horror....
checked this morning to see if a pension had gone in and all four fraudulent transactions had already been refunded to my account.

now that is what I call  :censored: good service !

:thumbsup:

guest10040

the other point is that, due to these four transactions, and with bills not tieing up with 4 weekly pensions coming in, it put me into my overdraft  :*(

the next question to them will be when they try to charge me interest on my overdraft, and I point out it was due to fraudulent charges, will they refund or cancel the charges ?

:hmmm:

anyone else noticed the interest on your currant account ballance is in pence, while interest on your overdraft is in pounds ?

:hmmm:

jpendle

Quote from: Redcap244 on May 19, 2022, 09:07:07 PM
anyone else noticed the interest on your currant account ballance is in pence, while interest on your overdraft is in pounds ?

Surely the interest on a currant account should be paid in raisins and the overdraft in prunes?  :D

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations