Posting and re-sizing images

Started by Steven B, May 11, 2022, 04:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven B

Apologies for another forum photo/picture thread....

Having just uploaded some images to my new thread I was struck by a couple of things.

Firstly, a couple of times I forgot to set the category destination from the drop-down list. Clicking "Add Picture" button appeared to work but resulted in no picture being uploaded or code inserted into the post. The forum software produces a page with error messages but it's easy to loose this behind the main forum window.

Is it possible for default values for the category to be added preventing this from happening?

Is it also possible to get the forum software to put the picture where the text cursor is currently flashing? The links generated by my picture were all put at the bottom of the text and had to be copy and pasted to the correct location (I'd written the text first in Word and copied it across).

Finally, it appears that it's possible to edit the picture and re-size it using the forum software's "Add effects/Crop" button. I tried this on some of my images but it doesn't appear to have worked. I believe I clicked apply and save in the right places but my images still appear larger than they should be.

Steven B.

Tank

Hi Steven B,  No need to apologise.  Yes, the gallery doesn't quite do as it should, and I'm at the mercy of the authors who make the 'add ons' for the Simple Machines Forum software.  I'll certainly put your points across to the developers.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations