Thank you from Hector

Started by Lawrence, April 28, 2022, 05:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

Mods - please delete if inappropriate

Hi folks

I appreciate you don't hear much from me these days, but that's another story for another day, today I desperately need your help, rather Hector does.

My daughter and her husband took on a puppy recently, the 'breeder' couldn't sell him because he had a little heart murmur, so rather than let him be destroyed, they took him on hoping to give him the best life they could along with their other two dogs. They took Hector to their vet for a regular check up to discover that 'the little heart murmur' was actually a grade 6, essentially the worst you can get.

They have already paid out over £1000 for tests and have been told that Hector can live a long and fulfilled life, if he has heart surgery and they (The vets) are certain he can be cured.

I appreciate money is tight for everyone, gas and electric, petrol and diesel, even the price of a good pint is going through the roof but if say 100 members chucked in a fiver each, that would go a good way to help them reach their target, and as you might imagine, time is another thing they are short on.

You can read about Hector and how you can help below, if you are able to help, put NGF in the comments and I can tell my daughter and son in law how my fellow N gauge railway modellers helped save the day again.

I thank you in advance on theirs and Hectors behalf, if the funds can be raised quickly enough and he survives, you can be sure to get pictures and updates on the wee guy.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/hector-needs-heart-surgery?member=18991011&sharetype=teams&utm_campaign=p_na+share-sheet&utm_medium=sms&utm_source=customer

Train Waiting

Many thanks for this.  I didn't see a general comments box - just a box with two names.

Please pass on that this was one unrecorded NGF donation!

Best wishes.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

emjaybee

Another donation from me.

Best wishes to the little fella, keep us updated.

Michael.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

devonjames

My heart goes out to you all. I love my own puppy and would do anything for him so very happy to make a donation to help Hector. Keep us updated on his progress.
James

Roy L S

Our cats are very precious to us so more than happy to make a donation, I hope Hector can get the surgery he needs as soon as possible.

Roy

P.S. Sorry, didn't see the NGF comments bit.

Newportnobby

Donation made and hope the target is reached for Hector (fingers crossed emoji)

dannyboy

I read the above to Louisa and guess what? Yup, donation made but I forgot to mention NGF. I hope little Hector gets the treatment soon.

Addit: I have just received the receipt and was able to add a comment via that.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Moria

another NGF donation :)   Hope this helps.

Graham
It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done.

Currently packing all my model railway stuff for my move to Canada in April when a whole new chapter starts in Modelling.

strain

Phoenix

Hi Lawrence,

My friends cockapoos are so much a part of their family they would be heartbroken if anything happened to them, so just donated, and wish Hector back to health quickly xx

All best wishes

Kevin

:beers:

stevewalker

Just donated and glad to see the total is moving pretty fast.

TrevL

Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Papyrus

Done. Hope you can get the little chap sorted soon.

Cheers,

Chris

Lawrence

Hi guys
Scott and Kirstie have been blown away by the support of the NGF membership, I will eventually send you all personal pms when time allows.
The total is at over £1000 already which is a massive help to them, and Hector of course. Scott has now put his 'project car' on gumtree locally in a bid to reach the £5k target as the vets have advised that Hector needs to be in surgery on Tuesday and they will have to settle up on Wednesday.
Tonight I am going to have a look through what railway related stock I have after our move and perhaps put something on here for sale or auction.
Once again folks, many, many thanks for your generosity in what I know are difficult times for all.
Cheers
Lawrence

p.s. please feel free to share the link in my first post if you happen to know of any other generous souls with a spare couple of quid, thanks

Adam1701D

And a tenner from me - good luck with this one.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations