NGF forum v NGF facebook !

Started by Mr Sprue, April 19, 2022, 08:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southerngooner

On the subject of pictures in posts, I've got myself familiar with the process and can now upload  pics. My problem is I don't understand how some posts, mainly those with photos from shows, but I'm sure there are others, contain more than two. How is that done, as I'm sure it says there is a limit of two per post. What am I missing?

Dave
Dave

thebrighton

Quote from: Southerngooner on April 21, 2022, 09:06:16 AM
On the subject of pictures in posts, I've got myself familiar with the process and can now upload  pics. My problem is I don't understand how some posts, mainly those with photos from shows, but I'm sure there are others, contain more than two. How is that done, as I'm sure it says there is a limit of two per post. What am I missing?

All you do is go into each photo uploaded into the gallery and copy the BB code and paste it into your post.
Using @Bigmac 's photos he just uploaded as an example:

Bigmac

oh--great: i'm in trouble now. Just wait till er indoors sees that mess.
i used to be indecisive...but now i'm not so sure.

Bigmac

referring to those photos--

the room is an irregular shape 9'9" x 7'.

2 off 9mm ply boards were cut to 7' x 2'6",  with the waste being cut into strips of various widths.  The offcuts were used to make stiffeners under the boards and an integral front fascia panel.  There is almost no wastage--and no sawn timber has been used. All pieces screwed and glued with PVA.

the end board with the engine shed etc sits on battens fixed to 3 walls; the board under the window sits on battens on 2 walls and is bolted to the first board.  The idea is the second board can be lifted off and stacked on top of the first board to enable the bed underneath to be used if needed.  there are minimal wire connections between the boards--all connected with jack plugs.

As you can see--i'm a flat earth member, no intentional gradients on the layout--only where the second board has sagged slightly!

NTrain

The Forum has structure, it has everything held in areas which we can all (normally) find them, because they are filed in topics. While Facebook is a free for all.

It should also be noted that if you look at Facebook via a phone App and through a PC Windows App, you are NOT viewing things in the same way.

Bigmac

Quote from: Bigmac on April 20, 2022, 08:21:49 PM
Quote from: Bigmac on April 20, 2022, 05:25:52 PM
Quote from: Bigmac on April 20, 2022, 05:21:03 PM
ive just tried adding a photo following the post  earlier in this thread.

dunno where it is.

found it--its in my photos. 
Now--how do i get it into here ?

seems ive done it..at last.

different photo---stanier class 4 mogul: 8f body on crab chassis. Cylinder angle lowered. Motor removed awaiting new driving axle.

OffshoreAlan

IMHO we are lucky to have a Forum which allows in-line pictures.

Another forum which I use doesn't allow any pictures, so we have to upload them to a hosting site and then post the link in the Forum for potentially interested viewers to click on and enter the picture-hosting site.

Often the resulting picture is disappointing or irrelevant so the diversion to the picture-hosting site was a pointless waste of time.

:NGF: :greatpicturessign:

Dalek

I like the engine shed, got a closer pic of that, is it a kit ?

Craig

GrahamB

Just a thought, could the link to the tutorial for uploading photos be added to the gallery dropdown menu?

These things are fine when you're using them all the time but I have trouble remembering what I had for tea yesterday.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

Bigmac

Quote from: Dalek on April 21, 2022, 02:35:38 PM

I like the engine shed, got a closer pic of that, is it a kit ?

Craig

no--not a kit. I had it custom made a couple of years ago.

emjaybee

There's a few interesting bits on that layout, I'd love to see more pics of it, separate thread, obviously.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Bigmac

Quote from: emjaybee on April 21, 2022, 04:12:26 PM
There's a few interesting bits on that layout, I'd love to see more pics of it, separate thread, obviously.

yes--i intend to create a new thread about it--is there anything in particular you find interesting ?

emjaybee

The coaling plants look interesting. Tricky to make out some of the structures in the few current photos, but looks an interesting layout to see more of.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Bigmac

Quote from: emjaybee on April 21, 2022, 04:32:28 PM
The coaling plants look interesting. Tricky to make out some of the structures in the few current photos, but looks an interesting layout to see more of.

the coal tower was developed for me as a kit from DAPR. He was so pleased with my weathered result he used the pics on his website. I added a bit more detail--mainly the wagon hoist.  The other thing is a farish ash plant.  Sorry about the pics--i blame my phone.

heres another pic of them--on my previous layout

Tank

Lovely photo's of your layout, but definitely  :offtopicsign: 

Feel free to make your own layout thread if you haven't already.   :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations