Powering an overhead container crane

Started by Libbi, March 18, 2022, 03:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libbi

Quote from: icairns on March 18, 2022, 10:19:52 PM
There were a few articles in last year's Railway Modellers that might be of interest.  Although the articles are for OO and O gauge projects, their ideas and methods might be applicable to N gauge.

1) "Motorising the Dapol Travelling Crane Kit" by Andrew Hicks (OO gauge).  RM July 2021 pp524/5.

2) "A Bodge Engineers Ltd" by Peter Osbourne (O gauge).  RM February 2021, pp120-123.  Layout article that includes a working overhead crane.

3) "A Bodge Engineers Ltd - The Working Parts" by Peter Osbourne (O gauge).  RM March 2021, pp190-193.  Describes how the working overhead crane is motorized.

Just food for thought.

Ian
Hi Ian 
I will have a look and check them out   Do not buy it every month. 
Libby

Libbi

Quote from: emjaybee on March 18, 2022, 09:23:39 PM
Quote from: Libbi on March 18, 2022, 05:38:13 PM
I slice my own fingers too 🤣🤣

Oh, you'll fit in a treat here. 'alf the time it's like a doctors waiting room crossed with A&E!...

...mind, that's before craft knife issues.
:D
Quote from: icairns on March 18, 2022, 10:19:52 PM
There were a few articles in last year's Railway Modellers that might be of interest.  Although the articles are for OO and O gauge projects, their ideas and methods might be applicable to N gauge.

1) "Motorising the Dapol Travelling Crane Kit" by Andrew Hicks (OO gauge).  RM July 2021 pp524/5.

2) "A Bodge Engineers Ltd" by Peter Osbourne (O gauge).  RM February 2021, pp120-123.  Layout article that includes a working overhead crane.

3) "A Bodge Engineers Ltd - The Working Parts" by Peter Osbourne (O gauge).  RM March 2021, pp190-193.  Describes how the working overhead crane is motorized.

Just food for thought.

Ian
Hi Ian 
I will have a look and check them out   Do not buy it every month. 
Libby

Libbi

Quote from: Libbi on March 18, 2022, 03:44:47 PM
Hi All
I am in need of advice and instruction. I want to build a container crane for my N gauge layout and need to be able to make it move up/down side to side  lift and drop. Any one ever done this before ?  Some of you guys must be able to help a female in a muddle

Thank you
Libby
[/quote.  Good morning every body   It is lovely to see so many people  from different countries willing to help.   I really appreciate it.  Today I am taking a day off from trying to figure it all out. 
By some miracle the sun is shining here in Northern Ireland so time to get the motorbike out and blow away the cobwebs from the bike and my head.   Catch you all later . Libby

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations