N Gauge UK

Started by Tank, January 06, 2022, 09:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

I hope it's useful as well! ;D  ukmodelshops is a great resource, but lots of those listed on there don't sell N gauge, or at least, don't have a good range.  N Gauge UK should be more helpful in being more specific to N.

Thanks for the links, I'll add those as well.  I'm hoping to find some time this weekend to do some more work on it.  There is a problem with the coding, which I need to sort out.

Shipley43

Heard that Keith Blanchard is retiring today and his TrainTrax website now has a new owner ...

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Shipley43 on January 14, 2022, 05:03:19 PM
Heard that Keith Blanchard is retiring today and his TrainTrax website now has a new owner ...

See under 'Shops Online'

Toothman

Have Hatton  made up with farish they have new stock for sale

Foxhound

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 14, 2022, 07:54:31 PM
Quote from: Shipley43 on January 14, 2022, 05:03:19 PM

See under 'Shops Online'

Have to say I have received excellent service from them this last weekend.  :thumbsup:
Rob and Becky (artistic director)

njee20

Quote from: Toothman on April 12, 2022, 03:52:51 PM
Have Hatton  made up with farish they have new stock for sale

They get batches of excess stock from 'somewhere' periodically, but I'm pretty certain they're not an official retailer still.

Toothman

Tank

The site was down for a couple of weeks, but it's back online now.  www.NGauge.uk   :NGaugersRule:

icairns

The company N Gauge Modelling (aka Engee publishing/Howard Foy) may also be a candidate for your website.

Dedicated 100% to N gauge modelling they publish a quarterly magazine (N Gauge Now) and various collector's guides for British N gauge locomotives, and passenger and freight rolling stock.  I have found these collector's guides very interesting and informative (although not 100% accurate but still very useful).  They are updated from time-to-time.

Ian

Tank

Great suggestion Ian, thank you.

D9020 Nimbus

There's one slight error in the manufacturers list. For Sonic Models you say "see Revolution Trains". That was, and still is, true of the VEA vans, but the remaining models are exclusive to Rails of Sheffield.

Dorsetmike

Worsley Works for etched brass loco, wagon and coach kits/scratch aids.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Dorsetmike

With the demise of Union Mills is there likely to be another source of tender drives starting up? Or could any established company add them to their line? Motors, mechanical bits and wheels should be available, all it needs is somebody to cast a white metal chassis and install the other bits. I suggest white metal for the weight to aid traction although possibly 3D printing might work.
I'd like to see 6 and 8 wheel versions or possibly a basic 6 wheeler with a "bolt on" additional axle (which is how I've been doing 8 wheelers with the UM drives)
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

RBTKraisee

Quote from: Dorsetmike on June 04, 2023, 08:28:59 PM
With the demise of Union Mills is there likely to be another source of tender drives starting up? Or could any established company add them to their line? Motors, mechanical bits and wheels should be available, all it needs is somebody to cast a white metal chassis and install the other bits. I suggest white metal for the weight to aid traction although possibly 3D printing might work.
I'd like to see 6 and 8 wheel versions or possibly a basic 6 wheeler with a "bolt on" additional axle (which is how I've been doing 8 wheelers with the UM drives)

I've been thinking about it.

My solution would involve a chassis made from a combination of photoetched parts (for excellent bearings and electrical pickup) and 3D printed resin, with bodies made from 3D printed resin. They would be supplied as a very-easy-to-assemble kit, unpainted, but including all parts needed to make a working powered tender, including NEM couplings and detailing parts.

My key requirements are to replicate many of the same features that made UM so popular - excellent traction, powerful motor (Tramfabriek, perhaps), quiet, relatively heavy weight (I'm thinking of just using small lead weights) and ease of adaptation to allow modellers to make them work with many different loco's.

I would also want them to be DCC ready.

I haven't started on this project yet, but given the ongoing demand for UM products, I believe this would be a good product. I would greatly appreciate it if folk with any interest would take a moment and let me know by PM.

Perhaps a highly detailed GWR Class 3700 "City of Truro" might be of some interest?

Ross.
"The meek shall inherit the Earth. The rest of us are going to the stars" -Robert Heinlein
An Ex-Pat Brit:  Two decades living in Florida and still an unhealthy shade of "British Tourist White"

Steam Locomotive Wheel Dimensions: https://www.shorturl.at/xAEKW

All my available products are listed in the first post in my workbench thread.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations