Email problem

Started by Papyrus, November 16, 2021, 04:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papyrus

Can anybody shed any light on this email conundrum?

My wife's main email account is with yahoo. She's had this account for years and years with very little problem. She can access it on either her laptop or her phone. On a couple of occasions recently, she has been sent quite important emails from one particular sender. She knows they have been sent but they do not appear in either the inbox or spam on her phone, but when she checks on her laptop they are there. It just seems to be the one sender, which is perfectly legit and which she has been getting messages from for years. How can they be visible on one device but not the other? And is there anything she can do about it?

Cheers,

Chris

keithfre

Could it be that they've already been downloaded onto the laptop and are therefore no longer in the yahoo Inbox when the phone accesses it?

Papyrus

No, she generally does all her emailing/Faceaching on her phone, only using her laptop when she happens to be working on it. It's a bit embarrassing when she contacts the sender who says, well, I know it's been sent...

Cheers,

Chris

port perran

I don't suppose your wife has accidentally blocked emails from this person on her phone?
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

chrism

Quote from: port perran on November 16, 2021, 04:42:48 PM
I don't suppose your wife has accidentally blocked emails from this person on her phone?

Surely that would then make them hidden/deleted/moved to spam - so the laptop wouldn't see them either?

ntpntpntp

Quote from: Papyrus on November 16, 2021, 04:09:10 PM
How can [emails] be visible on one device but not the other? And is there anything she can do about it?

Depends how the email client on the device interacts with the email provider.  If the email client is downloading and removing from the provider inbox then it's no longer visible to the other device.

SWMBO had this happen when we linked her email provider to Outlook on one pc, then changed to a different pc some time later; she couldn't see old emails.

I use web based email so don't get this sort of problem.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations