Forum very slow......particularly..............

Started by Newportnobby, October 29, 2021, 04:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ntpntpntp

To be honest I've not noticed any severe problems in recent weeks: all pages have loaded pretty much as I'd expect.

Some of the photos on Dunston do seem to be a bit larger resolution than is really necessary for a forum thread, the full screen versions are massive.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Newportnobby

Since 09.00 this morning 17 posts read and 3 x 'Error - timed out' messages :unimpressed:

Bealman

Had problems with reloading pages on my phone throughout the day here, but it seems to be belting along tonight on my laptop (8.50 pm, Aus time).
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Papyrus

Still whizzing along here, Mick. I've just been back to the Dunston Works thread and the photos loaded straight away. Admittedly, I have just changed internet provider so I assume I now have a state of the art router, which might explain the difference. Is it worth contacting your ISP saying you are having problems? You might at the very least get a new router out of them.

Cheers,

Chris

port perran

Whizzing along here this morning.
Dunston loads almost immediately for me.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

guest311

quite quick here today, but when I tried the Dunston Works thread, started to load, latest two posts, then locked up when it started to try to download the post with all the photos again. came up with a 'page unresponsive' report.

went back to show all unread posts, then to this thread and all ok.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Papyrus on November 01, 2021, 11:20:25 AM
Is it worth contacting your ISP saying you are having problems? You might at the very least get a new router out of them.

I don't have issues with any other site, Chris. I'm quite happy with my BT fibre optic set up.

mickeyflinn

Varying for me - quite speedy at the moment, but took almost 45 seconds to go back one page earlier.

Tank

Quote from: Papyrus on November 01, 2021, 11:20:25 AM
Still whizzing along here, Mick. I've just been back to the Dunston Works thread and the photos loaded straight away. Admittedly, I have just changed internet provider so I assume I now have a state of the art router, which might explain the difference. Is it worth contacting your ISP saying you are having problems? You might at the very least get a new router out of them.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris,

This is a website issue, not to do with anyone's ISP.  To solve it is a huge task, and also expensive.  As I have said previously, I'm hoping that a major update that SMF (the forum developers) will help us with that.  However, it's still in testing, which lasts months!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations