The Adventures of Globibahn

Started by Globibahn, January 17, 2021, 09:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Globibahn

Oh no, I just wrote a large udate then lost it, because I clicked 'preview' and then clicked on one of the attached photos, taking me to the photo album and deleting my draft!!! :-[

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Globibahn

I had a wonderful trip to Dresden from Frankfurt yesterday. I spent a couple of hours before departure at Frankfurt station, taking snaps, sun bathing and relaxing then nearly missing my train because the platform kept changing. I ended up sitting right at the back of the train, almost on the coupler! :D One thing I enjoyed watching was a chirpy little BR 364 shunter pulling a rake of about 10 IC coaches out of the station.

Midway on the journey to Dresden, around the town of Eisenach, the scenery is very pretty with beautiful villages and countryside.

My travel companion being naughty!

MRCE Vectron at Frankfurt. It is a known fact I dislike Vectrons, but this is follower-focused thread! :D

The blue-strip EU ICE at Frankfurt, bound for Brussels.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

mika

Thanks for the update, Matt.

I can only echo that the landscape around Eisenach is very beautiful (says he who comes from Thuringia originally :D)

Best,
Michael

Globibahn

Quote from: mika on March 11, 2022, 09:10:43 AM
Thanks for the update, Matt.

I can only echo that the landscape around Eisenach is very beautiful (says he who comes from Thuringia originally :D)

Best,
Michael

My pleasure Michael. Yes I look forward to spending more time there if I get a chance! :thumbsup:

Globibahn

Hi all,

I have been very preoccupied with settling in and beginning to confront the whole extremely complex residency process! Boooo to Brexit! :veryangry:

The town I am staying in outside Dresden is very nice - it is a countryside area. I am living right beside a little branch line station, which may well be Europe's least busy station!  :D

Photos will follow! 8)

Globibahn

Here is my new local (former DR) station, 5 mins walk away.

With functioning signal box!

And I belive this chap was a famous milkman from Rotherham, however I may be mistaken! :D

weave

Hi Matt,

They don't make 'little branch line stations' (your words in previous post) like they used to  :D .

Shame not much traffic. Does it have a name or are you being secretive? Sorry for being nosey but I like to see where people are in relation to rail routes etc. Tell me to 'was geht dich das an' if problem  :).

Weather looks nice, hope not too cold.

Take care and more pics (not necessarily rail related) please.

Cheers, weave  :beers:

swisstrains

Quote from: Globibahn on March 14, 2022, 10:36:03 AM
And I belive this chap was a famous milkman from Rotherham, however I may be mistaken! :D

No. That was one of his brothers. ;D

Globibahn

Quote from: weave on March 14, 2022, 11:18:19 AM
Hi Matt,

They don't make 'little branch line stations' (your words in previous post) like they used to  :D .

Shame not much traffic. Does it have a name or are you being secretive? Sorry for being nosey but I like to see where people are in relation to rail routes etc. Tell me to 'was geht dich das an' if problem  :).

Weather looks nice, hope not too cold.

Take care and more pics (not necessarily rail related) please.

Cheers, weave  :beers:

Yes the traffic is very low I'm afraid, Weave. I'm in Neustadt Sachsen. Apparently the nearby Bischoffswerda is heavily used as a commuter station for Dresden.  ;)

The Neustadt station building is well utilised by various small businesses and is in very good shape. Weather due to warm up this week. :thumbsup:

Globibahn

Signs of life at the station this morning.

I'm looking forward to using the regional train for the first time tomorrow, when I am going up to Dresden. The ticket machine lets you print off a little schedule for your journey, which is most useful!

joe cassidy

John @Trainfish asked me to ask you to tell us about the beer in the Dresden area ?

mika

Thanks, Matt.
Neustadt is very quiet traffic-wise...

The train you photographed is interesting, though. It seems to be in 3-Löwen-Takt vinyls from Baden-Württemberg, quite a distance from Saxony...

Best,
Michael

Globibahn

Quote from: joe cassidy on March 16, 2022, 11:41:17 AM
John @Trainfish asked me to ask you to tell us about the beer in the Dresden area ?

Funny you should mention this, as I have already done some initial field research! Bear in mind this has yet to be fully peer-reviewed. :D

Being so close to both the Czech and Polish border, specimens of beers from both those countries have been sampled, with very positive outcomes  :beers:

On behalf of forum members, I shall continue to research this theme exhaustively.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations