The Adventures of Globibahn

Started by Globibahn, January 17, 2021, 09:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weave

Hi Matt,

So the next question is when are you back in the UK and do you have a spare large suitcase? Another string to your bow - International Smuggler  :D

Globibahn

One of the things I really like in my little town is that people put out Easter decorations in their gardens.

Usually this comprises an egg tree, but some go a little further, with rabbit-based front door displays.

mika

Haha, decoration-wise this could be my in-laws' front garden  :smiley-laughing:

GScaleBruce

Really enjoying your posts, Matt, please keep them coming. It's many years since I was able to spend much time in Germany, and that opportunity isn't going return any time soon, so thank you for these images.
Bruce
My DB themed layout - Steinheim am Main My BR themed layout - Stoneham Yard My T-Trak module - Güterbahnhof Friesdorf
My SNCF modelling thread - Gare de Ligugé My layout planning thread - Peterhampton Junction

Globibahn

Quote from: GScaleBruce on April 03, 2022, 01:52:30 PM
Really enjoying your posts, Matt, please keep them coming. It's many years since I was able to spend much time in Germany, and that opportunity isn't going return any time soon, so thank you for these images.

My pleasure Bruce! :thumbsup:

Jim Easterbrook

Quote from: Hiawatha on March 29, 2022, 05:42:15 PM
QuoteA quick Google image search suggests it happens about half the time, as you'd expect.

No, it happens about 80% of the time. These are fixed rakes, so they should try to have them turned around correctly or bin the asymmetric livery (like the CD did with their non-railjet Tauruses).

Sorry to go this far back in the thread but the solution came to me during the night - reverse the livery on one side of each locomotive. Then every train will be correct on one side and wrong on the other, reducing the failure rate from 80% to 50%. Job done!
Jim Easterbrook
"I'm an engineer, not an artist!"
"Amoro, emptio, utiliso!"
Personal website. / Photos on Flickr. / Blog.

Globibahn

Quote from: Jim Easterbrook on April 04, 2022, 04:33:57 PM
Quote from: Hiawatha on March 29, 2022, 05:42:15 PM
QuoteA quick Google image search suggests it happens about half the time, as you'd expect.

No, it happens about 80% of the time. These are fixed rakes, so they should try to have them turned around correctly or bin the asymmetric livery (like the CD did with their non-railjet Tauruses).

Sorry to go this far back in the thread but the solution came to me during the night - reverse the livery on one side of each locomotive. Then every train will be correct on one side and wrong on the other, reducing the failure rate from 80% to 50%. Job done!

Genius!  :smiley-laughing:

Globibahn

There was me thinking that hand-painting letters on model wagons was not prototypical. However it seems that anything goes  :smiley-laughing:!

NScaleNotes

Can anyone explain what the second set of numbers inside the tank shaped drawing on this data panel mean please?
With a bit of googling I've figured out the first number refers to the cubic capacity of the tank in metres.

I thought the second number might be the capacity in litres? 462L is obviously too small and online conversions show 4,620L is only 46m3 and 462,000L would be 462m3.
It doesn't also seem to refer to the length of the tank.
Confused.  ???

swisstrains

Should it not just be read as  86462 litres?
The 86 being enlarged could indicate that it is also the m3.

Globibahn

Good old EAOS, just can't beat 'em!

swisstrains

Quote from: Globibahn on April 07, 2022, 02:00:41 PM
Good old EAOS, just can't beat 'em

I dunno.......the Eas in your photo comes pretty close. :whistle:

Globibahn

Quote from: swisstrains on April 07, 2022, 06:09:16 PM

I dunno.......the Eas in your photo comes pretty close. :whistle:

LOL yes I see, it is lower than an EAOS! :-[

swisstrains

Hi Matt. I think the "o" means that it doesn't have end door/s. Your photo of the Eas shows that it does. Having end doors seems to be more common in Eastern Europe.

Dave_K

86 462L - Capacity of wagons, expressed in m³, hl or l
22,2kn - Tare weight of wagon
23850kg/21t - Load limits

33 - interoperability code (Bogie wagon, fixed gauge)
80 - registered country (in code)
7845 - wagon class/block number (in this case 7xxx is a tank wagon)
44 - serial number
photo does not show the check digit

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations