Would You Be Interested In An NGF 10 Year Wagon/Van? - available now!,

Started by Tank, January 01, 2021, 09:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weave

Tank

Bealman

I suppose it would look odd in a consist, but me that's the whole point! A bit of fun, proudly displayed. A way of saying, like they did in the seventies (remember those?) - NGF RULES THE WORLD OK  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

PennineWagons

I reckon you'd sell more of wagon in an authentic livery (like the Rapps or Jones open wagons commissioned from Peco for the Warley show) than of a commemorative design saying something like 'N Gauge Forum 10th Anniversary'. A commemorative design made to look as if it could be authentic (N.G.Forum open wagon No.10?) could perhaps be the best compromise IMHO.
PW

RailGooner

A headboard? I think Fox take custom orders.

NGF
2011-2021

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 04, 2021, 12:21:52 PM
Some wives might not like that on their headboard :uneasy:

Especially if they start putting their own words to 'NGF'.  :goggleeyes:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

zwilnik

Quote from: Bealman on January 03, 2021, 11:48:32 PM
I suppose it would look odd in a consist, but me that's the whole point! A bit of fun, proudly displayed. A way of saying, like they did in the seventies (remember those?) - NGF RULES THE WORLD OK  ;)

That's another spin on it. What about a normal liveried wagon, but with NGF RULEZ OK as graffiti on it :)

Newportnobby

Quote from: zwilnik on January 04, 2021, 12:54:06 PM

That's another spin on it. What about a normal liveried wagon, but with NGF RULEZ OK as graffiti on it :)

But that doesn't celebrate 10 years, and I doubt a graffiti artist would bother about a 10 year achievement :no:

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 04, 2021, 01:28:56 PM
Quote from: zwilnik on January 04, 2021, 12:54:06 PM

But that doesn't celebrate 10 years, and I doubt a graffiti artist would bother about a 10 year achievement :no:

A 10 year old graffiti artist may be bothered about a 10 year achievement  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

weave

Quote from: dannyboy on January 04, 2021, 12:24:51 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on January 04, 2021, 12:21:52 PM
Some wives might not like that on their headboard :uneasy:

Especially if they start putting their own words to 'NGF'.  :goggleeyes:

In your case is that 'No Groaners Forever'........ Meaning the jokes thread, not anything else if you know what I mean. OMG got myself into a right twist here, I'll shut up.

ntpntpntp

As a modeller of foreign stuff any British wagon is of little actual use to me but I'd still have one to support the forum  :D  :thumbsup:   

I'm not bothered about commemorative wagons looking out of place on the layout as that's not where I'd be putting them: I have several from N Club International, Trix Club, Peco, Arnold, and others and they sit in a display cabinet along with other rarities.  The only "souvenir" wagons to make an appearance on the tracks are some beer wagons I decaled up myself for my operating team, one or two of those escaped to collectors and I saw one sell on ebay for about 50 Euros a couple of years ago  :D 

I quite like the idea of a mug, but that's another type of souvenir of which I already have too many and I don't actually drink tea/coffee anyway.

I like the idea of a road vehicle, something which might be seen anywhere at home or abroad. N Club International did a little van some years ago, one of those is lurking on the layout to be discovered!
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Snowwolflair

dannyboy

a) Do we really want a commemorative plate?

or

b) Is that the contraption that the waitress in Betty's Cafe pushes about?

(Sorry!  :no:)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Train Waiting

Quote from: dannyboy on January 04, 2021, 05:58:17 PM
a) Do we really want a commemorative plate?

or

b) Is that the contraption that the waitress in Betty's Cafe pushes about?

(Sorry!  :no:)

I love Bettys.  And look forward to getting back to one.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations