Would You Be Interested In An NGF 10 Year Wagon/Van? - available now!,

Started by Tank, January 01, 2021, 09:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD35

The previous grey hopper was mundane enough to blend into the background and a good idea so I would definitely support something similar like a simple brown/grey standard van/tube wagon/hopper/tank as suggested.

The only downside is that you have to keep a low profile at exhibitions as Nobby stalks the floor searching for unwary forum members to pounce on to shift surplus stock.  :D

Bealman

OK, I think we should have a FLUOERO WAGON, with NGF sides.

It's just a wagon!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

And before anybody corrects me, I know the spellings wrong.

Newportnobby

Quote from: SD35 on January 03, 2021, 08:52:44 AM

The only downside is that you have to keep a low profile at exhibitions as Nobby stalks the floor searching for unwary forum members to pounce on to shift surplus stock.  :D

As the saying goes 'It's an awful job but someone has to do it' :)

I've only voted 'Possibly' as it depends what the wagon itself is. I don't want a mug as I already have a forum mug and my eldest sister insists on buying me Emma bloody Bridgwater mugs for any occasion. There's only so many mugs a man can take/store!

monkey_brains

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 03, 2021, 10:19:25 AM
I don't want a mug as I already have a forum mug and my eldest sister insists on buying my Emma bloody Bridgwater mugs for any occasion. There's only so many mugs a man can take/store!

Ha, I find dropping them / knocking them off the kitchen table solves that problem  :smiley-laughing:
A keen modern image modeller in N Gauge, the latest creation I am working on is Cottingfield - an N Gauge Rule 1 Layout

Plotting has started on a DC controlled layout for the trains I can't easily convert to DCC North Wroxham - an N Gauge Modern Era Layout

Yet_Another

Actually, I got a crap commemorative mug from my employer, and gained a brief moment of joy and catharsis by hurling it at the garage wall with as much vigour as I could muster.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

guest311

never got a mug from my last employer, but did come in to work one christmas eve to find our contracts manager had been in that day and left a box of 12 bottles of lager 'for the lads as a thank you for their work this year'.

lads =
1 x site manager
2 x receptionists
2 x day supervisors
6 x day officers
2 x night supervisors
2 x night officers
2 x relief officers

thanks but no thanks, and a merry christmas to you too.

Shiney Sheff

Just voted yes, but perhaps a few? models that we could choose from, as I would certainly not be buying any hopper wagons or modern image, for me I would like a van or coal wagon.

Bob

emjaybee

THREAD HIJACK !!!!

Who doesn't love a quality mug...

Back on track (see what I did there?) a ferry van similar to the NGS type of thing could also work.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Roy L S

The only mug I would be interested in is the kind of lidded insulated mug exhibitors use at exhibitions (Ah....exhibitions....remember them?) I think an NGF mug like that would be pretty cool and a visible advert for NGF that is somewhat bigger than a wagon!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Roy L S on January 03, 2021, 12:02:10 PM
I think an NGF mug like that would be pretty cool

Fine if you like iced coffee but.......................... ;)

Bealman

Roy L S

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 03, 2021, 12:08:10 PM
Quote from: Roy L S on January 03, 2021, 12:02:10 PM
I think an NGF mug like that would be pretty cool

Fine if you like iced coffee but.......................... ;)

Nah, cool on the outside only!

Waz

I certainly would be interested in a couple of them, if they had metal wheels and ideally NEM pockets, As i don't want to have to replace plastic wheels for metal ones and spend more money upgrading wagons I have just purchased. NEM pockets again ideally, although have lots of conversion kits so could convert them.

Dapol minimum quantities is 100 of any type of wagon they currently produce and work out at very good value. and should come out at around £10 a waggon depending on the level of complexity of the printing on the side.

ohlavache

For me it really depends on the actual wagon proposed.
If it is marked "NGF 10 years", I will not be in because I feel it would look odd in a consist.
To refer to the forum, we could imagine a fictive company, e.g. N. Gafo for N Gauge Forum. With #10 as a possible road number.
For the wagon I would prefer a GPV from Dapol. For the livery I would avoid black and grey and go for red or dark green.
A plank wagon would also be ok.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations