https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Bealman

Quote from: GlenEglise on September 09, 2021, 11:23:21 PM
I guess with definites and possibles only coming to under 150 out of the entire membership of the Forum the poll kind off speaks for itself.

Should I change my mind?

Na!

Having made it quite clear that you are not interested, I'm wondering why it is necessary to make further comment?
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

njee20

Quote from: Bealman on September 09, 2021, 11:41:45 PM
Quote from: GlenEglise on September 09, 2021, 11:23:21 PM
I guess with definites and possibles only coming to under 150 out of the entire membership of the Forum the poll kind off speaks for itself.

Should I change my mind?

Na!

Having made it quite clear that you are not interested, I'm wondering why it is necessary to make further comment?

Quite. Attention seeking, it would seem.

daffy

NEWSFLASH: Dateline December 2061.

Today at Bonhams a new record was established in the auction of a tiny, almost insignificant model railway freight wagon. Originally produced in a strictly limited run of 150 to mark the 10th Anniversary of the N Gauge Forum, the 1:148 model had already attracted pre-auction attention in the Press on this, the 50th Anniversary of that august and much respected website.
Since those far off days, when the average working week was over 37 hours, and the World's population was still below 8 Billion, the Forum has become the 'go to' place for those millions who now seek to recreate those far off days of rail travel, when trains still had wheels. With population levels now close to 15 billion, and the reduction in the weekly work time to just under an average of 3 hours, N Gauge has proved to be the perfect choice for millions. Within the new 'compact' apartment blocks that have become the answer to the worldwide housing problem, N Gauge modelling, particularly of the pre-Trumpian eras, has rapidly expanded to be the No 1 pastime of what is estimated in the Greater UK region alone to be over 32 million souls.

Originally produced at the instigation of the Forum's founding father,  the now legendary 'Tank' (real name withheld for privacy reasons), the model was first sold to Members who had registered a definite interest. Price charged in 2021 is now a closely guarded secret, but is thought to have been in the region of just £10.00!

But this morning, Bonhams, who had given a pre-sale estimate of £750.00, announced that an unknown buyer has, after a tense and exciting auction, paid the world record price of £2.7 Million.

This correspondent surmises that someone, somewhere, is probably wishing they had bought one of these 40 years ago. But then, don't we all!
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Ali Smith

"But this morning, Bonhams, who had given a pre-sale estimate of £750.00, announced that an unknown buyer has, after a tense and exciting auction, paid the world record price of £2.7 Million."

Allowing for inflation, this is equivalent to £7.24 at 2021 prices.

I'd still buy one, though.

dannyboy

Quote from: DarrwestLU6 on September 09, 2021, 10:44:39 PM
Reminds me of the joke:
"I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure"

Reminds me of someones signature.  :hmmm:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bob Tidbury

I will be proud to run an N G F special wagon in my freight train if I take any to run at exhibitions on our club layouts it would hopefully get people asking what N G F stood for and possibly bring in new members .
I do what I can to promote this forum by handing out the little cards that our leader sent me ,  at all the shows B H E attend but of course I havnt been to any for 18 months but next year I hope we will see more exhibitions coming back for the public to see what a fascinating hobby model railways can be and I can carry on publiciseing this helpful and friendly Forum .
Bob Tidbury

Train Waiting

Quote from: dannyboy on September 10, 2021, 08:55:16 AM
Quote from: DarrwestLU6 on September 09, 2021, 10:44:39 PM
Reminds me of the joke:
"I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure"

Reminds me of someones signature.  :hmmm:

You know, I thought that, too, but can't remember who's.  It'll probably come to me when I'm thinking of something else.

All the very best.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Tank

Thanks for the support everyone.

Hopefully, in a couple of weeks I'll have a sample - just getting TINGS out of the way.  I'll show the sample on here, and will then get the whole batch made up.  They will be sent straight from the manufacturer to save me having to post them out.

Bob Tidbury

Who and how do we pay for our wagon.Can you post information please  Tank .
Bob Tidbury

dannyboy

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on September 10, 2021, 10:14:33 AM
Who and how do we pay for our wagon.Can you post information please  Tank .

And will there be a restriction on how many forumites can buy? I would be looking for two, but would be quite happy to just have the one if that is the fair way to do it.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

OffshoreAlan

Quote from: dannyboy on September 10, 2021, 10:20:44 AM... but would be quite happy to just have the one if that is the fair way to do it.

That goes for me too, I would hate my order for three depriving other Forum Members of any.

Newportnobby

@daffy Mike - that's just brilliant, but I think..................

Quote from: daffy on September 10, 2021, 08:36:54 AM
Price charged in 2021 is now a closely guarded secret, but is thought to have been in the region of just £10.00!

........is maybe optimistic. :hmmm:

daffy

Quote from: Newportnobby on September 10, 2021, 10:33:57 AM
@daffy Mike - that's just brilliant, but I think..................

Quote from: daffy on September 10, 2021, 08:36:54 AM
Price charged in 2021 is now a closely guarded secret, but is thought to have been in the region of just £10.00!

........is maybe optimistic. :hmmm:

Sadly the thread page showing the actual 2021 price had faded over the intervening years. :D

Back in the present......
I now would like two of whatever is produced (one to run, one to preserve in aspic so that my great grandchildren have an inheritance nest egg  ;) ), and will be quite happy to pay whatever is decided upon.
So I'm hoping a large batch will be produced to cater for all those hoping to be buying more than the poll figure shows.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations