Started by woodbury22uk, November 03, 2020, 11:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbury22uk

Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

NGS-PO

Deleted.

Superfluous.

If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

njee20

PaulCheffus

Quote from: njee20 on November 03, 2020, 11:35:36 AM
**deep sigh**

:'(

Hi

I feel your pain. I had the same when Dapol announced the telescopic steel hoods just as I finished the first of my scratchbuilt ones.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

Bob G

JIAs are not for me but a Shark long before KR Models version and also long before my NGS ones have been finished too ! LOL !!!

Bob

njee20

Quote from: PaulCheffus on November 03, 2020, 11:48:23 AM

Hi

I feel your pain. I had the same when Dapol announced the telescopic steel hoods just as I finished the first of my scratchbuilt ones.

It's always going to be the risk! Still got a source of wagons for myself, and the pride that they're mine, and I've got the Imerys font right!

scottishlocos

Brilliant

Glad the shrink ray has been put on these wagons

JBQFC

will get a few of these hopefully the PBA will follow

John   

njee20

I find it intriguing how they're managing to keep to sensible retail prices on EFE products. I've heard £43 mentioned for these, they're a vastly more complex wagon than the HKA, with tonnes of separately applied detail, yet they're 20% cheaper. Bachmann appear to be undercutting themselves.

jpendle

Are these things still out in the wild?
And where do they run to?

Thanks,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

woodbury22uk

Quote from: njee20 on November 03, 2020, 02:34:01 PM
I find it intriguing how they're managing to keep to sensible retail prices on EFE products. I've heard £43 mentioned for these, they're a vastly more complex wagon than the HKA, with tonnes of separately applied detail, yet they're 20% cheaper. Bachmann appear to be undercutting themselves.

I suspect Bachmann want to portray Farish as a premium brand, sold at premium prices. So EFE Rail has to be a bit more budget priced. Certainly Bachmann will have a healthy margin still, and at least they are not fighting for production slots in the parent company's factories. I am sure that the JIAs will sell through more quickly than the HKAs.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

red_death

Pricing will depend (to a point) on which factory is tooling and producing them and ultimately how many EFE are producing. I don't know how much tooling/separate parts the JIA needs but the quantity of tools and amount of assembly also have an impact on price.

A lot of the "new" factories are more flexible in terms of quantities (both overall numbers and per livery/number variants) than Kader (Farish's owner and manufacturer).

Having said which the price from eg Rails is £37.35 for the JIAs and £39 for the HKAs so not much difference.

Cheers Mike

red_death

Quote from: jpendle on November 03, 2020, 03:06:42 PM
Are these things still out in the wild?
And where do they run to?

I'm pretty sure they still run - the main flow is Cornwall to Stoke IIRC.

Cheers Mike

msr

Something like this Cornwall to Stoke train can now be recreated in N Gauge, here using the slightly weathered JIA wagons plus one that is pristine. The video shows the train in action.

https://youtu.be/3UUbMSW73ME

njee20

They are great looking wagons. For me they've not quite got the weathering right. It's a shame as the Dapol silver bullet is similar, and Dapol nailed that. I believe I'm right in saying that Mercig was involved in the (OO gauge) master for these, but it clearly hasn't translated too well. The heavily weathered N gauge ones look to be slightly different to the OO gauge ones, with more clay deposits on the solebar, but the lettering is still too washed out. I also can't unsee the fact the font is wrong on the Imerys logo - too blocky. Such a shame, that couldn't be easier to get right, surely!?

Shalln't be replacing my 3D prints!

Pretty certain they do still run, seen here just under a year ago, with 18 on. They run in several 'legs' -Parkandilack (and probably other Cornish terminals) - Burngullow - Exeter - Bescot. Not sure where they go beyond Bescot, Stoke does seem likely. They run once a week IIRC.

Sunday Imerys by Rob Class66, on Flickr

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations