Revolution IWA ferry van and timber carrier

Started by Merrylee, July 15, 2019, 09:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Auger

Received a Norsk Hydro set of these wagons and they are absolutely gorgeous - my wife who is not into model railways commented favourably on the side detail of the wagon.

I compared them to the Dapol IWA Ferry wagon and they are markedly very different types.  This confused me .  Dapol don't call theirs IWAs - this is a description from N Gauge Resource.  I noticed the Dapol ones have Habfis on the side which I believe are IWBs so is that the correct TOPS code for the Dapol, or am I just very confused of N gauge!

Congratulations on another beautiful model from Revolution - approved, as I said, by the wife!

Steven B

The joys of TOPS codes! The three character TOPS code doesn't always give enough detail - there are dozens of PGA Hoppers for example, all to different diagrams.

The Dapol ferry vans are technically IWB - air braked with through vacuum pipes (although Dapol have only fitted these to one end!).

The two types do have different UIC wagon type codes:
Dapol - Habfis
Revolution Sfins

The "f" indicates it's built to UK loading gauge.

Steven B.

Dave Auger

Thank you for the nformation.  I'll reassign the Dapol wagons to IWB on my database!

carderrail

Quote from: Dave Auger on February 03, 2022, 04:31:23 PM
Thank you for the nformation.  I'll reassign the Dapol wagons to IWB on my database!

Same - Will correct in next release of the N Gauge Resource.

Tony

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations