My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Yeah, nice weather today:

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

TrevL

This "Brit" for one is jealous, it's mid-winter there, and the guys are still in shorts and tee shirts, I wish!
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Platy767

Quote from: Bealman on July 20, 2022, 06:32:54 AM
I'm not keen on it either, but unfortunately I'm living in the wrong place to expect otherwise in our summer!  ;D

...it could be worse, you could live in North West Sydney.

I envy the 'Gong range of temps. Always a little cooler in summer and a little warmer in winter. Maybe, at times, you suffer a bit more humidity than me?

Mark

Bealman

To be honest, I've never really noticed the humidity. But the older I get, I do notice the cold weather a lot more than I did. But I guess that's just a fact of life no matter where you are.  :thumbsdown:

Malc

Just a quick question George. I know you frequent the bowls club, but is it just the bar that gets your custom, or do you play the odd game of bowls?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

Bar only, Malc, and the meat raffles. I have been known to play the poker machines on very rare occasions.

I've never played a game of bowls in my life!!

The beer is probably the best in Wollongong, and very reasonably priced, especially during happy hour.

Bealman

Oh wow. I must stop by on the way home tonight!

Not.

Graham

collect the glass, throw away the meal  ;) ;)

Bealman

:laughabovepost:

Winter menu? Sorry about the blurred photo but I was so excited they've got one  :D

MinZaPint

Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Bealman

I'll tell you something sadder....

Logging on the forum today and seeing me name in the birthday list with 70 in brackets behind it.

Now that sucks. :uneasy:

Train Waiting

Quote from: Bealman on August 16, 2022, 04:33:06 AM
I'll tell you something sadder....

Logging on the forum today and seeing me name in the birthday list with 70 in brackets behind it.

Now that sucks. :uneasy:

Not at all.  You have achieved experience, wisdom and distinction.  In Japan you'll be Bealman San.

And, of course, it's much, much better than the alternative!

All the very best.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Nbodger

George it could be worse, according to the list yorkie08shunter who is next to you is 1997 years old, now that is some going, who does he think he is Dr Who.

Graham

Happy birthday George, 70yrs young, great achievement.

crewearpley40

Happy birthday George. I bet you did not think when when you were 18 that years later , well nearly 50 you would be down under ! Enjoy the day

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations