My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weave and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: Bealman on April 07, 2022, 08:44:22 AM
Ah, it's only water. My concern is the club being closed.

At last!  A use for surfboards that doesn't involve pose-value :D

Papyrus

Seems to me that Australia has droughts lasting years and years and then gets all its rain in two days and everyone is complaining about the floods. Somebody needs to get it properly organised...

Stay dry!

Cheers,

Chris

Trainfish

Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on April 07, 2022, 09:43:59 AM
Quote from: Bealman on April 07, 2022, 08:44:22 AM
Ah, it's only water. My concern is the club being closed.

At last!  A use for surfboards that doesn't involve pose-value :D

George @Bealman on a surfboard? I would need to see pictures for proof of that happening  :goggleeyes:
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

See my latest Youtube video                          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<         
See a random video of mine                           >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<         
An even older random video of mine             >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<

Bealman

That little black dot behind the crest of that second wave coming in is me.

I missed it.  :D

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

good luck to you, would rather join you at the bowling club in the rain than in the surf on a sunny day.

Bealman

It's not really me. I took the picture from Mollymook Golf Club  ;)

RBTKraisee

Did someone say Surfboards?

I live in Cocoa Beach, Florida, which is home to a few pretty big surf board companies.   Without naming names, one of them is rumoured to have made their money, not by selling surfboards, but by carving out some of the white stuff inside their surfboards and packing them with other, illegal, "white stuff" before sealing the whole thing up and shipping them to all across the country.   Apparently when things started to get hot for them a few decades back, they went legit, having already made enough money to make a vast "palace" of a shop here.

Ross.
"The meek shall inherit the Earth. The rest of us are going to the stars" -Robert Heinlein
An Ex-Pat Brit:  Two decades living in Florida and still an unhealthy shade of "British Tourist White"

Steam Locomotive Wheel Dimensions: https://www.shorturl.at/xAEKW

All my available products are listed in the first post in my workbench thread.

Snowwolflair

Quote from: RBTKraisee on April 08, 2022, 05:50:14 PM
Did someone say Surfboards?

I live in Cocoa Beach, Florida, which is home to a few pretty big surf board companies.   Without naming names, one of them is rumoured to have made their money, not by selling surfboards, but by carving out some of the white stuff inside their surfboards and packing them with other, illegal, "white stuff" before sealing the whole thing up and shipping them to all across the country.   Apparently when things started to get hot for them a few decades back, they went legit, having already made enough money to make a vast "palace" of a shop here.

Ross.

and hence the name "smow" boards

Bealman

Out of hospital and back to the bus stop.

As I hadn't paid a visit to the bus stop since I was released, I thought it was long overdue, so I called in last night in the rain.

Interesting find.... looks like @Trainfish has been there while I was away!

weave

Hi George,

Glad your back and presumably well, or at least well enough to go for a beer which is well enough  :thumbsup:.

Take care.

Cheers, weave  :beers:

Bealman

Thanks, mate. Actually I'm not out of the woods yet - reporting back tomorrow for an angiogram on the ticker.

Don't have to fast until 6am, though!  :thumbsup:

Train Waiting

Blooming heck, George - I'm sorry to hear you were in hospital.  Glad you are released and I hope the angiogram goes well.

I hope you make good use of your fascinating find.

All best wishes.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Trainfish

Quote from: Bealman on May 12, 2022, 05:21:23 AM
Out of hospital and back to the bus stop.

As I hadn't paid a visit to the bus stop since I was released, I thought it was long overdue, so I called in last night in the rain.

Interesting find.... looks like @Trainfish has been there while I was away!

Nah, those boobs are a bit deflated and I have the real thing rather than an apron. Wanna see a picture?  :laugh3:
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

See my latest Youtube video                          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<         
See a random video of mine                           >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<         
An even older random video of mine             >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<

Bealman

I'll pass, thank you very much.  :)

crewearpley40

Look after yourself George. Happy modelling mate

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP