Farish 08

Started by port perran, July 28, 2012, 07:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

A new 08 is on my to-get list, also. Your photo has convinced me to get a weathered one, port perran! And that certainly is a great photo - I'm interested in the details. The lighting is excellent... was it photographed near a window? The picture portrays a sense of late afternoon sunshine. Also, did you use a macro lens? I've been trying to get close-ups with both my SLR and phone, but so far the phone is better, but nowhere near as good as your pic.

The tiny little bit of your layout I can see looks great, too. Good to hear that yourself and the others say it's a nice little runner!

Oh, nothing to do with the thread, but while I'm on here, congrats to go to London for putting on a great Olympics Opening Ceremony. Fantastic. Of course, to me the best bit was the Isombard Kingdom Brunel bit.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

port perran

The photo was taken with my iphone (4S). You are correct Bealman, the photo was taken in late afternoon with sunshine coming through the window behind the locomotive in order to give good bright general lighting. However, I also had a table lamp on a table behind the camera so as to provide direct light onto the sides of the 08.
I used zoom on the camera held about 18ins from the subject. I found that getting too close with the camera produced a slightly blurred image. Also used HD mode.
The phone seems to produce better qhuality photos at this scale than my Digital SLR!
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Bealman

Thanks for that info! Yes, it seems to be the same with me - and the phone is certainly easier than setting up the SLR on a tripod, etc, which I have done in the past. The lighting in your photo is excellent - very atmospheric. You have given me some ideas and I shall experiment.... once the Olympics are over! I'm glued to the box here at the moment!

Cheers, George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

bluedepot

i hope they will do a br blue weathered one and also maybe departmental grey and intercity, and maybe even some other privatisation era / private industry liveries...

tim

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations